Frustrated and Angry at DTV. Need some advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
While In Wales, where hills have blocked line of sight, i have seen dishes placed on very long poles, and others running on very long cables from the homes.

Some years back, my neighbor tried to get DirecTV, two different installers came out and told him no way he could get a signal anywhere. Their yard is heavily "wooded" with a trailer house tucked between trees.
I was able to set-up a 18" dish on the side of their porch that got a perfect signal. No climbing, no cutting down trees, just screw the dish mount to the side of the porch......

When I was upgraded to a SL5 dish, mounted on an EXISTING steel pipe in my yard that I had been using for years, the installer wondered how I had been getting a signal :confused:

Some of the installers, ( Directv and Dishnet ) I've run across over the years have really baffled me, no offense to the installers here :)

Some years back, my neighbor tried to get DirecTV, two different installers came out and told him no way he could get a signal anywhere. Their yard is heavily "wooded" with a trailer house tucked between trees.
I was able to set-up a 18" dish on the side of their porch that got a perfect signal. No climbing, no cutting down trees, just screw the dish mount to the side of the porch......

When I was upgraded to a SL5 dish, mounted on an EXISTING steel pipe in my yard that I had been using for years, the installer wondered how I had been getting a signal :confused:

Some of the installers, ( Directv and Dishnet ) I've run across over the years have really baffled me, no offense to the installers here :)

Everyone has a first day at work. The problem with the guys you have met is that they were possibly all on their first day. They invent fire and the wheel over and over and then quit. There are reasons for this.

Joe

Third installer is coming Wednesday. He said he looked at it and it would work? We'll see...

You should call DirecTV and open something they call a "Letter to the President". That will notify the company that came out to install your dish about the first tech.

You should call DirecTV and open something they call a "Letter to the President". That will notify the company that came out to install your dish about the first tech.

Jay,

They will try to pass a hundred dollar ding to somebody. Whoever gets it will probably quit and the cycle will repeat. NLOS does not mean NO Line Of Sight...it means. "I am not going to try this one." OR..."if I get involved with this I will miss another time slot and they will ding my check so screw this one."

Is this the management you mentioned?

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)