FX HD - Help

Freakdeman

Apr 7, 2009
Kentucky
Currently I think I have like the basic 250 SD channels. I really want to go to turbo gold hd. This will get me all hd and get rid of the crap channels (qvc, home shopping network).

My only problem is that my "wife" really likes FX. I enjoy it as well, but now enough to stop me from wanting to go all HD. However, I am sure all the guys understand that I may get denied certain "pleasures" if I just make the change without her consent.

I am happy that we finally got all the Viacoms, but when will I get the FX HD so I can go all HD.

Currently I think I have like the basic 250 SD channels. I really want to go to turbo gold hd. This will get me all hd and get rid of the crap channels (qvc, home shopping network).

My only problem is that my "wife" really likes FX. I enjoy it as well, but now enough to stop me from wanting to go all HD. However, I am sure all the guys understand that I may get denied certain "pleasures" if I just make the change without her consent.

I am happy that we finally got all the Viacoms, but when will I get the FX HD so I can go all HD.

They were talking summer on FX and Speed. But you still get the shopping channels with Turbo packages. You must have serious problems if your wife holds "pleasures" over not having FX.

They said the current contract doesn't expire until this summer and they would be negotiating for then. There is no guarantee that FX will be added to the all-HD Turbo packages. Thius far more new HD has not been added to the all-HD packs than has been added. Comedy Central, CMT, and Spike HD have been added to the Turbo packages, while Fox News, Fox Business, Nick, MTV, and VH1 have been excluded and can only be obtained by subscribing to a Classic package with the HD add-on. All the "crap" channels will still be in whatever package you choose as they are public interest channels. Just use the Lock feature on you receiver to lock them out if you don't want them.

Remember that Dish still hasn't given us Turbo subscribers access to Fox News and FBN. Don't be suprised if we get sucker-punched again when FX and Speed HD come online.

They said the current contract doesn't expire until this summer and they would be negotiating for then. There is no guarantee that FX will be added to the all-HD Turbo packages. Thius far more new HD has not been added to the all-HD packs than has been added. Comedy Central, CMT, and Spike HD have been added to the Turbo packages, while Fox News, Fox Business, Nick, MTV, and VH1 have been excluded and can only be obtained by subscribing to a Classic package with the HD add-on. All the "crap" channels will still be in whatever package you choose as they are public interest channels. Just use the Lock feature on you receiver to lock them out if you don't want them.

And we are talking Dish here. . so we might get lucky enough just to keep the FX and Speed in SD...they could drop it altogether

Well, they killed Voom. But they didn't just kill it; they stabbed it, dropped it in the gutter, and walked away. Six months later, it died, alone in a cardboard box down by the railroad tracks.

Smith killed itself by announcing 100 hours of new content for the next YEAR.

I wouldn't switch unless you have too, I signed up(3 months ago) for Turbo Gold, Platinum, HBO, Starzs, it's the biggest mistake that I have made in quite some time

STL HD Locals

Early Contract Termination Fee?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)