FyreTV BETA is officially underway!

Yes, I found that, thanks. When will the network test be functioning?
The network test function should be operational in two upgrades from now. Currently we are focusing on the more pertinent issues dealing with billing and system stability.

The customer is given a 30 day window to return their BETA equipment
I assume the BETA hardware will be the same as the release hardware?

BTW, pretty impressive BETA release so far! Some small issues, but no show-stoppers. (I do embedded software, and I know its tough to cordinate hardware software & back-end tools for a release!)

-John

Love it so far. Wish the listings where easier to navigate. Seems like you have to go thru a bunch of titles to get what you want. Need to have a guide type listing. Page view at a time.

I just hooked up my box and I'm having issues with the box rebooting and locking up. When I try to play video is just locks up. Is anyone else having these issues?

I think the A-Z p*** list is lame, I didn't figure out how it works...how Can I select E? It keeps giving me either a number or letter D...do I have to press something else so I can select the correct letter?

If I read your question correctly:

Its like a cell phone text msg; pressing the key in rapid fire will change the letter that is accessible with that single key.

Key #2 is A, B and C to get a "c" you must press the #2 key 3 times rapidly, or at least before the auto next place takes effect.

Is this it?

Yeah, but once you are in the list, you can't jump to "e", for example. You need to press the up button, then type in what you want "E", press the OK button, then you will see the movies starting with E. No easy way around it.

Also if you list all the movies, and just hold down the right arrow key to quickly scroll thru the movies, you'll notice it get stuck in a wierd refresh loop!

-John

If you're using HDMI have you tried component or s-video to see if it's something with HDMI handshaking?

actually, i was using component cables. haven't played around with this since thursday evening so i don't know if i'm still having the problem

HDMI Delay

Hi:

Its normal for the box to take a little longer to boot on HDMI, the way the system works is that it opens all the analog ports first (s-video, etc) and immediatelly after it boots the digital ports, HDMI @ 480p. Its normal for the box to take UPTO 1 minute to boot up the FIRST TIME you boot it up, however after that it should only take a few seconds.

If you are connecting the box for the first time have a little patience while the HDMI port starts up, if it doesnt, try an analog port wait for it to boot up and then go back to the HDMI port. If you continue having problems you may have a defective box. contact us @ beta@fyretv.com and we will get you fixes up.

Regards,

Estefano

Bobfather review week 1 clean

FyreTV review (clean) week one:
Some of these I have posted on other threads. I apologize for being redundant.
Content: While the content leaves a lot to be desired I will not comment too much on that. I realize this is the first and an early Beta test, so I did not expect many movies. That being said I am eager to see what the content updates look like and how they are handles. As some of you may know my biggest problem with Xtv was the total lack of updates and of new material. In the end the content more than anything will determine if I stay on as a subscriber.
Hardware: Better lighting on the front of the box would be nice, as would a back light on the remote. I happen to use a Harmony remote and would love it if the codes were sent to Logitech for the Harmony remotes.
Interface: I have found navigation a bit clunky so far. An explanation or description of the movies on the top of the screen would be nice. I like most everyone else spent the first 20 minutes I had the box trying to play these titles. At first it was also difficult to know that the movies on the main part of the screen were only the newest releases until I did a title search I thought those few movies were all their was.
I would also like to see the ability to scroll thru the movies frontwards and backwards from the first or last title.
Search; First off; an on screen keyboard set up would make searching easier. A thru Z 1 thru 9, highlight what you want to spell. Would eliminate most of the need for new remotes with backlights. The Title and Star search list are a bit tough to wade thru, should add ability to search by first letter, and to resume search from last place left off. I will just scroll thru a title or star list hoping for some divine inspiration on what to watch. I do love the star bio set up and can’t wait to see it finished. I would like to see the number of scenes added next to the stars name on the search list, since you include ones with no scenes on the system. Once a star is chosen I would like the option to play a scene, play all scenes, select some scenes, or play an entire movie. Maybe I can’t remember the title but I remember a star.
Category search should be broken down into Genre, appearance and act. Also the ability to filter out things.
Some other suggestions, a message center on screen where users are made aware of FyreTV news, and can give feedback. The ability to anonymously share playlists. Can multiple playlists be saved and named? Free trailers or a few seconds to watch a movie before PPM charges kick in. I hate wasting money on a great box cover to find out the movie sucks.
There are a lot of sound issues with Smash Pictures movies, and I have found a couple of scenes labeled wrong (wrong star) but I did find one where FyreTV was right and the credits were wrong. Till next week’s long review this is Bobfather over and done.
There is an unedited version of this review in the backroom.

Since my kid decided to hose my tv down with windex and I'm still waiting for the service guy to come and fix the tv. I moved the fyre box to our bedroom and went from HDMI to the composite connections. The box turns on comes up to a screen with some red splashes on it, Stays there for a few seconds then the screen blinks and goes black then a few seconds later it blinks again and just stays black.

On the front of the box the red light is on and nothing else. Its getting an IP and I can ping it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Never mind it finally came back up after 15 minutes

Any idea yet what the monthly cost is going to be ?
We haven't completely outlined all of the various package costs of the FyreTV service but the standard monthly subscription will be $9.99 a month which gives you access to all of the FyreTV equipment and 60 minutes worth of content viewing time.

Please refer to the following link for a more detailed desciption of the pricing structure. FyreTV FAQ :: How much does it cost?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts