Garbled/Pixelization Issues on D* DVRs - Need Some Advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

belsokar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Hello,

I owned the D* HR10-250 for about a year,...and then got the 6.3a upgrade. Around that time, ALL my HD channels started having image issues. It showed up more frequently on some channels compared to others, but it was always during HD programming.

I would describe the image issues as something between EXTREME pixelization and just garbeled graphics...Usually the image looks like it freezes in a garbled way, with part of the image still moving...occasionally there is audio, and occasional there is no audio...overall, it is completely unwatchable.

The strangest thing is that from time to time, a box will pop up saying it is acquiring the sat signal...when checking the signal strength, I have extremely high strength, averaging in the 90s. The D* tech was amazing at how good my signal strength was, so they figured I had a bum box, and sent me the HR20-700 instead.

Now, it seems a bit better, but the issue still happens quite frequently, although less frequently it seems than the old HR10-250...I've tried making sure it wasn't a problem with any other component in my system (receiver, tv, wiring), but the problems occur no matter how i have the box hooked up to the tv.

I'm at a loss, because I feel like the D* techs don't really know how to debug this issue,...they seem almost stupified by it...any idea what it might be? Bad switch? Bad LNB? something else I should mention to Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)