GenieGo Streaming Video Quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ely

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 9, 2005
Miami, FL
I have been thinking to get the GenieGo, can anyone here who has it and received its latest update tell me how the video quality is while using the new streaming feature that was implemented a few days ago? is it HD, near HD or just SD? also does anyone believe DirecTV will implement streaming of live channels in the near future on this device? figuring out if it's worthy the $99 - $149 they are asking for it :)

If you desire unconditional live streaming, consider a third-party device like the Slingbox or Vulkano. They may (or may not) cost more, but they work more or less unconditionally and mobile device support is pretty broad. There's quite a bit of content that the GenieGo will not stream nor encode: PPV, VOD, NFLST, 3D, adult programming and AM21 derived OTA.

I have been thinking to get the GenieGo, can anyone here who has it and received its latest update tell me how the video quality is while using the new streaming feature that was implemented a few days ago? is it HD, near HD or just SD? also does anyone believe DirecTV will implement streaming of live channels in the near future on this device? figuring out if it's worthy the $99 - $149 they are asking for it :)

I have had it for 2 weeks.
I have spent hours with Direc genie go support to
Get streaming to work with my Mac.
Also the genie go is not seeing all my Dvrs.
Plus it's missing regular recoding from
Machine it's pulling from.

Plus you have to use a iPhone app instead
Of an iPad app. There are no ipad apps yet.
Quality is good not great. Certainly not HD.
I have Hopper with sling it works flawlessly.

The genie go feels like its on beta. Not ready for prime time.

Save your money.

Thanks everyone; I already own a Vulkano which I have attached to my Tivo, but I wanted to get something similar for my Genie, I might wait a bit to get it and see if it improves, it's a shame they don't allow live streaming, though I understand you can just put it to record and then watch, but it would require more steps and not so easy when just watching channels to see if there's something good to watch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts