Geosat MicroHd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

metal head

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
The Rock
I am very frustrated with this receiver, So maybe someone can help. I have 3 satellites aimed at 87, 97 and 99. All ku band. I can get better signal and channel scans from my old captive works or Nfusion. When she blind scans it doubles up my channels and she wont read the tp's that I get on my other receivers. On 87w for example she wont read 11800, but the other 7 receivers I got will. I got it to read dvb-s2 but so far not having any luck. Thanks for any help.

Metal are you receiving v transponders check your connections start off could be a loose connection or a switch? Please tell us more about your setup?

If it's doubling the channels, it's probably scanning in the same channels on vertical and horizontal both maybe? Do you have three separate dishes connected to a DISEqC switch or is this a motorized setup?

It could be a combination of skew set wrong and wrong Lo for the LNB/LNBs, but more info about your setup would be needed, is it three separate dishes with a DISEqC switch or a single motorized dish, what model dish, LNB/LNBs, switch, motor, etc, whatever is in the setup.

If the skew of the LNB is off it could pick up channels as both H and V and if the Lo is set wrong it could miss some channels, skew being off could make it miss some channels too. keep in mind too that some channels on 87 W Ku occasionally blank out now and then, LPB does, but I'm not sure if the Patient Channel on 11800 is one that does.

They are hooked up to a diseq switch not motorized. The lnb for 87w is a digiwave 990 linear, I got no problem with the other receivers which is puzzling. And yes she seems to be scanning in the tp both h and v if that helps.

If it's a linear LNB, check that the Lo is set to 10750 in the MicroHD. I'm not familiar with the Digiwave 990, but if it's a linear then I think the Lo should be 10750.

In the MicroHD you have to set the Lo for each satellite that you're using, there's no global setting for it.

On the remote, click menu, go to Antenna Setup, then Motor / Switch Settings and in there at the top line labeled Satellite, click on that, scroll through the list of satellites and select 87W and then on that screen go to where it says LNB LO and make sure that's set to 10750. You'll have to do this for all other sats you're using too, [97,99] if that is the problem.

Reactions: N6BY
Power supply micro hd 200 mili amps your pulling to much milli amps so you would only be getting v instead of h and v.

Is it finding only horizontal or vertical transponders?

Check the microHD voltage at the LNBF.

What is the voltage (Vdc) on a vertical transponder?

What is the voltage on a horizontal transponder?

Some LNBFs have higher voltage requirements to make the switch between vertical 13Vdc to horizontal 18Vdc. Some LNBFs polarity switch-point is 15Vdc and other LNBFs switch at 16 or even 17Vdc. If there is inadequate voltage at the dish, the LNBF may not be switching between polarities.

The AC/DC adapter current rating does not affect polarity switching. The microHD outputs approximately 480-500mA @ 13/18Vdc. Most KU LNBFs draw between 65 and 250mA. If the system was drawing too much current, the current draw protection would trip and remove the power from the LNBF port to protect the microHD.

Reactions: KE4EST
What transponders are scanning in on 87W, if any, can you post them? Could probably tell if the Lo is set wrong from them and also maybe if the receiver is scanning both H and V TPs.

Reactions: N6BY and Titanium
2000 mili amps is what I meant to say. I had similar problem with my micro hd ke4est I wasn't trying to mislead anyone. I had 3 pll lnbs hooked up once amiko nano worked just fine, but when I try it on the micro hd only 2 lnbs were working. It was drawing to much power from the micro compared to the nano where the micro couldn't handle it. Ke4est can you check me on my math to see if am right. 2 geosat pro ku lnbs, titianium c band lnbf, and a directv ku lnb.

Reactions: N6BY
She is set to 10750. When she scans 11737v, she scans 11 channels. And then seems like she scans in a 11737h and ends up with the same 11 channels ago making 22, doubles. Can't get any signal on 11800h which for me here is a strong tp and I get the patient channel. Not on this receiver, she won't even scan it in. I add it but no signal. Thanks for any help.

She's finding both polarities but some tp's got no signal and she's getting duplicate channels on some tps.

Please reply to the questions in post #8. Not enough information otherwise.

Are you deleting existing transponders befor blind scanning? Some satellites have transponders that carry data and not video or audio services. These TPs will show "Fail" when logging.

She's finding both polarities but some tp's got no signal and she's getting duplicate channels on some tps.
hi metal head. I think you are "getting both polarities" mixed up. So when you see the blindscan results you see 11737v & 11737h and think ok it sees something at 11737H so it is getting Horizontal signals but it isn't really a horizontal signal. It's just a duplicate of the 11737V signal. The reason is technical so its kinda hard to explain. The microHD is likely not putting out enough voltage to make the lnbf switch from V to H. Since your other receivers are working ok it is not likely the lnbf or they would show duplicate channels also. titanium is correct in asking for readings in post#8. Once you have done that (again take the readings at the LNBF not at the receiver) we can say definitely the microHd is bad and should be sent for repair.

Reactions: danristheman
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1429455272.184745.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1429455304.494538.jpg

Those pics are my best tps in my area. I took the switch out and still nothing.

Do you have a voltage tester so you can provide answers to post #8?

The information that you are providing is not enough to make any helpful suggestions.

We are asking questions to help you. If you don't provide answers, is there another way that we help?

Finally got up to check the voltage, I can only get 10.8 on the metre. Didn't seem to matter if I changed polarities.

Did you check it right on the back of the receiver, or out at the end of the coax cable by your dishes? You should be checking it at the receiver for now. If that is from the receiver after removing your coax from it, there's something wrong with the receiver itself as the voltage is too low.

Reactions: . Raine
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)