GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does it have a Sat->IP server for remote viewing on a smartphone, tablet, etc?

I know the hardware is capable, but haven't explored the LAN options yet. I understand that they will be releasing LAN support like remotes and IP viewing. Don't know what is possible now. It is detected on network sharing.

Will it handle 50 Hz video conversion to 1080p 60 Hz and any inprovement on video frame rate, less studder the better?:facepalm

Sorry, don't understand the first question as all DVBS S2 STBs display TS streams originated in 50 or 60hz and the output can be user selected in any resolution between 480i and 1080p with 50 and 60hz selections.. If you have a specific channel that you experience problems with, I could post a video capture.

Reactions: KE4EST
Perhaps it's finally time to upgrade the MicroHD I have on the main TV.

It looks like a nice unit with some nice functions.

Well done.

Newbie here, looks like a fantastic receiver. Have a MicroHD and looking to upgrade the receiver and this maybe the one. Are you using a microbud or an actual C-Band dish. The Canadian content looks interesting. Can't wait until it's out and glad you are waiting for stable firmware first.

Reactions: Titanium
Like the KTV 1-3 channels on G-19 bird navite video format at 576i 50 Hz.

With the output display setting at 1080p/60hz and the image is noticeably sharper than other G19 - 480i channels and no stutter or motion artifacts. Don't have a capture card here at home, but could capture video on Monday if you want to verify.

The only problem that I see on KTV2 is .... the programming. "A Teacher's Crime" - Obviously a made for LIfeTime TV movie! LOL :D :D :D

The only problem that I see on KTV2 is .... the programming. "A Teacher's Crime" - Obviously a made for LIfeTime TV movie! LOL :D :D :D
Yeah that is geared toward the female gender. :)

What would be the advantages of upgrading from an Amiko Mini HD SE to a HDVR3500?
Titanium already answered this but your question got me thinking as I also have a Mini HD SE. Here are some of the advantages I came up with:

1) A substantially faster blindscan. I use that function a lot on 87W, 99W and 103W KU.

2) Better DVR controls, if they are as good as the MicroHD (which I assume they are).

3) Closed captioning. I don't currently need (yet, anyway), but it might come in handy.

What I would really like to see is the ability to load 3rd party apps.

Reactions: Titanium
Just a few notes from my testing. We have seen these same issues on other STBs, but I want to provide hobbyists with an honest assessment of the receiver as it is tested with firmware version _897. These issues are known and I understand that they are being addressed for future firmware. There are some cool things that I have found...

Realistically, not all satellites scanned blazingly fast... 95w KU with all of the Satellite Internet transponders just took 5:15. Others like 123W KU took only 1:25! most were in the 2 minute range. The blind scan process could be modified to time out quicker on non TV/Radio services.

Scans currently begin the moment that "Start" is selected. This is not problem if the dish is fixed on the target satellite. If the dish is motorized and not already parked on the target satellite, the scan needs to be delayed until on the target satellite. During initial set-up this was frustrating as the horizontal polarity scan would be skipped if a dish move occurred. Once a satellite has been scanned and channels are logged, the motor first drives to the target satellite before starting a scan.

I really like that the "Moving Dish" message disappears when the channel or active transponder is reached! :heartbeat

I also like how if an active transponder is saved in position one in the TP list, a connected DiSEqC 1.2 mode controller/motor will stop when the transponder signal is received. When the continuous move button is selected, the transponder signal is found, peaked for the target satellite and the motor parks at that spot.

After a channel scan, the receiver exits the install menu and returns to the channel play mode. If no channel is logged during a scan, it returns to the last played satellite channel. Instead I would suggest that upon completion of an unsuccessful scan, it returns to the installation menu screen. This is not a problem for fixed dishes, but not fun to have a motor take off across the arc. A work around is to play a channel on the satellite that is about to be scanned, then enter installation scanning mode.

BTW... It scans in the h.265 UHD test channels on 103W C and plays audio with a black screen. We know this chipset is h.265 capable, but is the rest of the build adequate for UHD to be processed for 1080p output. Time will tell. :cool:

I find it very interesting that the receiver does not depend on the flags to determine if the channel is HD or SD. When I first scanned, I thought the unit was flagging services incorrectly. After flipping through the channels, I noted that the receiver SD/HD indicators were updated, just like the multi-language and other service indicators. Very cool!

Hopefully some other testers or early buyers will post... I am feeling like a one man cheerleader team! :D

If it has the receiver like the uHD has (similar operating parameters) Plus LAN connectivity, it should be a great receiver!

Does it have an LO setting of 5150/10750 (I have found this really useful when using the Corotor and ASC1)

Don't suppose 4:2:2... :)

Can you inter PIDs

Don't see that option. Agreed manual channel entry needs to be added.

Does it have an LO setting of 5150/10750

It has something even better! User defined single and universal LO! Support any single or two LO combination. Examples: KA band LOs or C/KU 5150/10750 or the reversed 10750/5150.

BTW... It scans in the h.265 UHD test channels on 103W C and plays audio with a black screen. We know this chipset is h.265 capable, but is the rest of the build adequate for UHD to be processed for 1080p output. Time will tell. :cool:
If this is proven to display UHD video and audio without issues, I will get a unit. Does the unit do 16 & 32 apsk?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts