GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've been away for a month or so and missed a lot of what has gone on here. I wonder if there are any updates to my two biggest wishes: A way for any edited channel names to stay the same when a rescan is performed. Does the software I see above perhaps allow a lock or something?

A remote control image in the Slingbox database. The current Geosat remotes don't offer full control.

Please use external drive. Export from channel manager to the external drive and use Menu > Manager > Data Download from USB storage - and select the external drive.

If Windows computer is on the network, you can map your HDVR3500 from Windows Explorer and save the file directly to internal drive.

The file won't import from the external drive into the HDVR3500. I get no satellites or channels from the edited file of my external drive. Satellite list is empty. I think Galaxy 19Ku is the only one on the list.

I've been away for a month or so and missed a lot of what has gone on here. I wonder if there are any updates to my two biggest wishes: A way for any edited channel names to stay the same when a rescan is performed. Does the software I see above perhaps allow a lock or something?

A remote control image in the Slingbox database. The current Geosat remotes don't offer full control.
Both options are work in progress - locking channels and full support of the remote in Slingbox.

Reactions: Martyn
The file won't import from the external drive into the HDVR3500. I get no satellites or channels from the edited file of my external drive. Satellite list is empty. I think Galaxy 19Ku is the only one on the list.
Please tell me the steps you are taking to restore the file to HDVR3500

Please tell me the steps you are taking to restore the file to HDVR3500

Put in the USB Thumb drive with the edited file. Menu key>Manager>Data Transfer>Front Storage device(USB) select edited file off key and it just stops there and only allows me to re select or cancel. Check the satellites and channels and all are erased. Just Galaxy 19K in satellite menu. Help! I can't keep manually re entering all these channels. I do a factory reset and get Satellites back, but no channels. Thanks.

I found out you can't move satellites up and down and save their new locations with the editor. It changes the channel name(and maybe more) in the transponder frequency data. Why don't the Satellites come in when you import the edited data back into the receiver?

I found out you can't move satellites up and down and save their new locations with the editor. It changes the channel name(and maybe more) in the transponder frequency data. Why don't the Satellites come in when you import the edited data back into the receiver?
This is beta product and please use with caution. Back up your data so you don't loose your original settings.
Moving satellites in the editor will corrupt the channel naming, that is confirmed.

This is beta product and please use with caution. Back up your data so you don't loose your original settings.
Moving satellites in the editor will corrupt the channel naming, that is confirmed.

The reason I was trying to move them is because the Satellite are all backwards to me. AMC 8 is at the bottom of the arc and the Geosat-Pro has it at the top of the list. I'm just so used to AMC 8 at the bottom and AMC 6 at the top of my list. I get everything in between. Hard to get used to.

The reason I was trying to move them is because the Satellite are all backwards to me. AMC 8 is at the bottom of the arc and the Geosat-Pro has it at the top of the list. I'm just so used to AMC 8 at the bottom and AMC 6 at the top of my list. I get everything in between. Hard to get used to.
I understand. Working on the solution.

Reactions: chadg2
Thanks I'll be patient. Another quirk with dish setup is on the freq. of the ku band. I only have 10600 lnbf's and was wondering if this could be changed in the menu to reflect that. On either my Openbox S9 or S10 my blind scan was much faster using 10600 vs. 9750/10600. Not sure why other than maybe it was looking at the non used 9750 here in America. Thanks again.

Thanks I'll be patient. Another quirk with dish setup is on the freq. of the ku band. I only have 10600 lnbf's and was wondering if this could be changed in the menu to reflect that. On either my Openbox S9 or S10 my blind scan was much faster using 10600 vs. 9750/10600. Not sure why other than maybe it was looking at the non used 9750 here in America. Thanks again.
To punch in your own LNBF frequency, please select Ku Band User LNB Type and punch in bottom frequency and top frequency 10600/10600. This way you can punch in any LNBF combination possible.

Great. Also all the receivers I've had/used (it's been a few) I've never see Diseqc 1.0 using A-D?? They've always been 1-4. Is this common?

Great. Also all the receivers I've had/used (it's been a few) I've never see Diseqc 1.0 using A-D?? They've always been 1-4. Is this common?
A-D is same as 1-4. In original European versions 1.0 used only A, B, C, D and after 1.1 they started using 1-16. We sell our receiver to international markets, where A B C D is still widely used.

I switched the frequency to user 10600/10600 and the scan was faster.....but it missed some channels as apposed to using 9750/10600 was slower, but found everything.

I switched the frequency to user 10600/10600 and the scan was faster.....but it missed some channels as apposed to using 9750/10600 was slower, but found everything.
Can you send me a picture of the lnbf label? I am curious on its settings.

Also my GeoSat is not doing good recording HD from NBC off AMC-18 or a live concert I was recording on Galaxy 17ku. Picture and sound was fine until I started recording to internal memory. Studder and breakup's until I stopped recording. I tried to format the drive and could only do so using fat32 and now trying it again after format on Galaxy 17k.

Also my GeoSat is not doing good recording HD from NBC off AMC-18 or a live concert I was recording on Galaxy 17ku. Picture and sound was fine until I started recording to internal memory. Studder and breakup's until I stopped recording. I tried to format the drive and could only do so using fat32 and now trying it again after format on Galaxy 17k.
Please make sure update to latest firmware available in Menu > Manager > Version > Online Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.