GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Martyn,

I took note of your request. I would like to ask everyone, what button should be "turned" into Mute button? Please suggest.

Thank you
Eugene

Martyn,

I took note of your request. I would like to ask everyone, what button should be "turned" into Mute button? Please suggest.

Thank you
Eugene

Eugene,

Thanks for reading :)

There are eight buttons at the top of the remote - do they all work?

So far, I've had the USB, XBMC, Fav and recall buttons working (I think) but the others seem unresponsive. Maybe they only work in a certain mode?

In terms of ease of access, maybe the "goto" button, if it indeed doesn't work now?

Also, does my memory serve that recall brings up the channel history list? There's the back channel button down the bottom of the remote that serves the same purpose, I think?

Martyn

Martyn,

Thank you
Eugene
'GOTO' or any unused button would be fine.

And maybe one of the other unused buttons for going directly to the dish settings screen.

Tonight I got a black picture with normal sound on all channels. But the menus and channel info displayed normally. Here is a photo of the NASA channel on 105W.

hdvr3500screen.jpg

That was the first time I have seen the picture stay black like that. Before it happened I noticed that the box was very slow responding to button presses from the remote control. Everything returned to normal after cycling the power.

In terms of ease of access, maybe the "goto" button, if it indeed doesn't work now?

Will everyone accept the mute button to replace GOTO button?

Just heads up, the unit does stream to the iOS and Android remote application, but it takes high bandwidth and we are trying to work out a bug.

I will give you heads up when the streaming is fully fixed.

Eugene

Reactions: N6BY and Martyn
Another curiosity just noticed:

On the Wright Patterson HD2 channel on G17, which is "scrambled" but actually visible, the "scrambled program" screen doesn't disappear. I note this because on other channels that are flagged as scrambled but ITC, the screen does disappear. I noticed this on another channel recently too, but I don't remember which one.

Not a huge deal as it does seem to get out of the way on the "scrambled" channels that carry interesting programming, but something I thought I would note for you.

Maybe there is a difference in the way it sets the scrambling flag, the scrambling mode it's in or the scrambling system?

There is a difference between a service being flagged as encrypted and the service actually sending an active encryption stream in open mode.

Maybe it would be acceptable to have the "Scrambled Program" message appear as it should when encryption data stream is detected, but the message time out after 5 or 10 seconds? I see value on having the service scrambled message appear, but not to keep it displayed on screen at all times.

Eugene, let us know if you need a TS of the Wright Patterson HD2 channel for the engineers.

Reactions: Martyn
Any idea when a channel editor will be available?

There is a channel editor well hidden.

Hit OK to bring up the channel list,
hit the blue button to go into edit mode
move the highlighted "edit mode" on the right to "edit service"
hit OK
scroll up and down to find the channel you want to edit
hit OK
and you're now in edit mode where you can change the channel name and some other attributes.

Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom and turn "save and exit" to "yes" when you're done.

Is that what you're looking for?

Here are some screen captures of the satellite scan and the set-up screens

Brian,

How did you manage to get the subtitles up? I've tried multiple networks in prime time and the receiver doesn't find subtitles on any channel.

I seem to recall at some point in the set up being asked if I wanted subtitles or closed captions. I presume the former is the European format and the latter is North American. Anyway, I can't find that setting again to check which one I chose. I thought it was closed captions, but perhaps I got it wrong. Any ideas?

There is a channel editor well hidden.

Hit OK to bring up the channel list,
hit the blue button to go into edit mode
move the highlighted "edit mode" on the right to "edit service"
hit OK
scroll up and down to find the channel you want to edit
hit OK
and you're now in edit mode where you can change the channel name and some other attributes.

Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom and turn "save and exit" to "yes" when you're done.

Is that what you're looking for?

No, I found the internal channel editor.

I was speaking of a computer editor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts