Getting circular sigs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChuckS2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
Guys - I have a working steerable fta system and really enjoy all the linear transponders up there.
Now I would like to get the circular stuff on AMC16 / EchoStar 7 at 119W like NASA and the audio channels.

If I mount an Invacom Circular / Linear Ku 0.3 dB Quad LNBF QPH-031 from Sadoun on my dish
how will it work with a Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA ? What type is it and how would I change
linear or circular polarization? The manual says 10750 is used for standard and 11250 for circular.
What would I use for the Invacom ? Two cables and a switch ?

Thanks for the great hobby!

--Chuck

Guys - I have a working steerable fta system and really enjoy all the linear transponders up there.
Now I would like to get the circular stuff on AMC16 / EchoStar 7 at 119W like NASA and the audio channels.
AMC16 is goofy as its KU Band circular so it comes in really really low signal. Nothing on there but a test card. But on 119 there is a lot of stuff
If I mount an Invacom Circular / Linear Ku 0.3 dB Quad LNBF QPH-031 from Sadoun on my dish
you could use that or if you have an old DirecTV or DIsh LNB (single or dual) you can put it next to the existing LNB. Sure it will be off by 6 degrees but its cheaper :)
how will it work with a Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA ? What type is it and how would I change
linear or circular polarization? The manual says 10750 is used for standard and 11250 for circular.
What would I use for the Invacom ? Two cables and a switch ?

Thanks for the great hobby!

--Chuck

either combine them with a 22k switch or a Diseqc switch
http://sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Multi-LNBF/2-receiver-to-Invacom-QPH-031.htm

LNB LO for the Linear side is 10750 and 11250 for circular

The Invacom Quad is really like two dual output LNBFs sharing the same feedhorn. One is a dual output Ku linear and the other is a dual output DBS circular. That's the best way to think of the Quad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat 2800A VS 3500SD

Can dishes be painted?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)