Getting just the HD channels

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I live in Plano. I will be without my satellite dish for 2 weeks. Will Comcast allow me to subscribe to just their HD channels? All I want is the box and the HD channels.

how is comcast in your area? you might want to check out if they have a deal for existing satellite customers. most cable companies have a good deal for the first year. that is what i am on now and could not be happier on what i am paying and the hd channels i am getting. i am hoping fiostv will be here before my year is up.

Well, we want to keep our satellite, we're just waiting on 2 weeks for us to go get our stuff including our satellite receivers, from Indiana. I was hoping this would get me some TV to watch in the mean time.

i said the same thing about switching back to cable. i am luck that i have a good cable company. at the time they beat dish in everything, except for their picture quality of analog channels.

if you are looking to save money, you should at least look into it. there are many of us that are still regular posters here that have gone back to cable for the initial deal they offer. there is no shame in it if it helps your income out.

Well screw this idea. The wife already turned me down for it saying it wouldn't be too long until we had our dish hooked up, and that I have plenty of DVDs to watch. DAMN.

korsjs said:
i said the same thing about switching back to cable. i am luck that i have a good cable company. at the time they beat dish in everything, except for their picture quality of analog channels.

if you are looking to save money, you should at least look into it. there are many of us that are still regular posters here that have gone back to cable for the initial deal they offer. there is no shame in it if it helps your income out.
I was planning the same thing with Comcast, too. (I was gonna switch back to Dish through SBC with their 2Wire box.) But, quite frankly, it has been so damn good, I'm perfectly content to stay with Comcast. (Probably have to, as the 2Wire box may never see release.)

One good thing about my area is that they are moving all the analog channels up into the digital band, leaving only the most basic "lifeline" channels simulcasted in analog. That will not only improve the PQ for thjose channels, but add tons of bandwidth for more HD.

some people are afraid of cable from past experience. what people don't get is that cable has come a long way in some areas and some local cable companies blow satellite away.

i still plan on giving fios tv a shot.

Yeah, but the cable DVR boxes really suck. Hopefully I can get FIOS someday. They're digging just a little bit away from me, but not quite here yet... Maybe by the end of the year?

-John

nuetron, assuming i EVER get these guys out here, I am getting the minimal basic package plus two HD boxes covering the HD network channels for my twoi large screens-i think the cost is going to be in the neighborhood of about $25 a month($14.99 for the basics plus $10 for the boxes)-i was going to go with the same package in Grand Prairie before I moved and I assume that the same would go for Plano...

Well, the SA 8000 is the biggest piece of junk I've ever seen. I've swapped out 3 times... it's the box. Timers misfiring, dvr functions acting strangely...

Just yesterday i went to rewind through the last commercial set because I missed a few minutes before the commercial, while it's recording. It started me back before the recording.. back to when it started buffering the channel 2 hours earlier.

It's a great single tuner rcvr, but the dual tuner stinks. If you ask it to do something while it's recording, it'll have a 50% chance of screwing it up.

jrjcd said:
nuetron, assuming i EVER get these guys out here, I am getting the minimal basic package plus two HD boxes covering the HD network channels for my twoi large screens-i think the cost is going to be in the neighborhood of about $25 a month($14.99 for the basics plus $10 for the boxes)-i was going to go with the same package in Grand Prairie before I moved and I assume that the same would go for Plano...

They're supposed to come out and fix the cable issue I had when they did the install a week and a half ago. So far no call no show. I'm at work but was told that I didn't need to be home for this.

If they aren't out there or havent fixed it by the time I get home I will be pissed.

WealthTV Inks Deal With Insight Communications

FTA newbe...Hows this setup look? And a few Q's..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)