Getting new software V726, are you?

jtomshd said:
I am targeted for V00.02.30. Is this the same software? How do you force the dowload?
Go into the Installer Menu and select "Verify Voom" then it will prompt you to download now or later, choose now. It will flip back to the picture like it's not going to work, but after about 5 seconds it will start.

Thanks! 1 STB downloaded and the caller ID function works. The other stb is still downloading. It's been at 60% for 70 mins and counting. Do you think it's hung up? Should I wait it out longer? OR try to turn the box off and start over?

Hard call, it should only take about 18 minutes. What's the signal strength? It's showing on the left hand side of the screen.

The signal strength is showing at zero... I guess I better turn off and start over. What kind of implications will I face by doing that?

No program guide all day.

stockymd said:
I rec'd the 2.3 version last night. It has the caller ID option, but doesn't seem to work. I pressed the done button after setting it. I posted an earlier question regarding the 2.3....sound old to me. I haven't really experienced any problems with it yet. The only thing is that my program guide still has not been downloaded. That is becoming a pain.
Woke up this morning and VOOM was downloading software and have had no guide all day. What is the problem ?

jtomshd said:
The signal strength is showing at zero... I guess I better turn off and start over. What kind of implications will I face by doing that?
Just unplug the STB for a few seconds and plug it in again. The download should resume on its own. Most likely you will be ok!

I unplugged the STBs for like 10 minutes and turned them back on.. CallerID has worked multiple times so far.. I LOVE THIS NEW FEATURE MUAHHAHHA

One of my boxes said it wasn't receiving a signal 2 hours after the update, I had to reset it to get the picture back. Signal strength was good, so that was not the problem.

Still waiting for someone to call to test my CID. :p

Just updated and the STB locked up after about 19 minutes. Reset and it is working so far, for about an hour.....

Really like the caller id feature

Im getting the update right now

I was playing around trying to see if I could get my NBC local to come in and after completing the search of my channels, I hit Verify Voom, and it prompted me to update my software, so I hope its worth the wait

My program guide finally came through...this was after calling voom and having them send the signal again.
Also experienced a strange lock-up, where I went to the program guide to select another program. It acted as if the channel changes on the little info bar, but the channel was the same. I couldn't change the channel through the program guide or by entering the number of the channel...only by scrolling. Had to do a soft reboot to fix this. Now my program info is gone again DANG IT!!!!

It seems like most people will have to do a soft reboot after the download. Only one(bedroom) of my two receivers has been updated & I had to do a soft reboot after the download. Funny thing is that when it cam back up. It didn't start with Ch.100 like it always has. It came back up on the last channel that it was on.:)

The caller ID is nice but a tad too small I think. It was very hard to read on the 20" bedroom TV. Now on my 50" it will be OK but it should be a little larger I think.

My second receiver is scheduled for tonight.

I had one stb hot on tuesday morning and the other was hit yesterday. So far its been working fine, especially the caller ID. This was a good addition. Next we need to get a clock to display on the front of the stb, but I would like more channels add.

I got mine too with no problem. I did notice, however that the "video" setting was missing from the "settings" menu. This sucks because I was hoping they would get this fixed because I REALLY need to shift my picture to the right.

Couch Patato said:
The caller ID is nice but a tad too small I think. It was very hard to read on the 20" bedroom TV. Now on my 50" it will be OK but it should be a little larger I think.

You can't have it both ways Patato. Just right on your 20"'er would be too big on your 50"'er. I would rather have it just right on my 50"'er. :)

dlayphoto said:
Got the new update. Caller ID feature is pretty cool...is it just me, or is the PQ a little better with the update?
Its just you. And IMO the caller ID font is too small. Its apparent they sure didnt spend much time developing this rudimentary feature. It should have had caller ID and a clock from day one.

Where is my new bigger dish? My new mepg4 module? The new HD channels? The DVR? Still no HDnet?

vurbano said:
Its just you. And IMO the caller ID font is too small. Its apparent they sure didnt spend much time developing this rudimentary feature. It should have had caller ID and a clock from day one.

Where is my new bigger dish? My new mepg4 module? The new HD channels? The DVR? Still no HDnet?
Good morning, Vurbano! :D

Forced the update yesterday, and it seems to work fine so far. I did notice the missing video settings in the setup menu. Too bad because picture position adjustment did work at one time a number of software revs ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)