Going back to Comcast!

ronfelder said:
why would anyone in the proper mind stay iwth something that they aren't happy with? you don't even get the same number of HD channel;s as you do D* or E*. I'm not a HD subscrbier fsoit's certainly chaepaer for me. I just dropped Comcast internet for it's slow. Around where I live Verizon DSL is faster. Cheaper too.

Well, I'm with Verizon FIOS TV now. :) It's awesome!

Reason I stayed with Comcast was that I didn't want a year commitment when I knew FIOS would be available to me in a few months.

-John

jgantert said:
Well, I'm with Verizon FIOS TV now. :) It's awesome!

Reason I stayed with Comcast was that I didn't want a year commitment when I knew FIOS would be available to me in a few months.

-John
That I would do. FIOS TV would be the only tv i'd consider leaving E* for.

Ron

Well, once we move into our new home this weekend my wife and I are having Comcast installed.

I like D*, but the crappy HD-lite, with the broken promises of new HD content to come, plus a constantly delayed Mpeg-4 HD-DVR as well as the increases in the bill have made me consider Comcast.

I'm getting the dish buyback deal as well. We're getting 2 DVRs, one will be HD capable the other just needs to have the DVR functionality. The deal is Digital Gold (I think that's it, it's the digital pak plus HBO and Starz) with one box for $29.99 a month. I know the 2 DVRs plus the extra outlet fee make that go up, but we will get that for 12 months, then I'll downgrade to just the digital service with HD.

We are also getting their Broadband service for $27.99 for 6 months.

I'm looking forward to On Demand and a higher quality HD picture. We will be living in an AT&T area, so I'm hoping we will get their TV service within the next 5 years. I've been spolied on my folks' FiOS TV.... :D

Sounds like a good deal... for a while. That is, if you can put up with their DVR. :) I have just recently found out what a POS it really was. Read my FIOS review for more. And people complain the FIOS DVR is a POS. So when I get a good DVR, I'm really going to be impressed!!!

-John

If TIVO ever comes to the Comcast DVRs here in Dallas I'll be happy.

Of course that all depends on when TWC will take over this area. :D

Neutron said:
Well, once we move into our new home this weekend my wife and I are having Comcast installed.

I like D*, but the crappy HD-lite, with the broken promises of new HD content to come, plus a constantly delayed Mpeg-4 HD-DVR as well as the increases in the bill have made me consider Comcast.

I'm getting the dish buyback deal as well. We're getting 2 DVRs, one will be HD capable the other just needs to have the DVR functionality. The deal is Digital Gold (I think that's it, it's the digital pak plus HBO and Starz) with one box for $29.99 a month. I know the 2 DVRs plus the extra outlet fee make that go up, but we will get that for 12 months, then I'll downgrade to just the digital service with HD.

We are also getting their Broadband service for $27.99 for 6 months.

I'm looking forward to On Demand and a higher quality HD picture. We will be living in an AT&T area, so I'm hoping we will get their TV service within the next 5 years. I've been spolied on my folks' FiOS TV.... :D

Don't know if E* is hd-lite or not, but they do have mpeg-4 receivers.

Thanks!!

I can't stand either satellite company now.

I'm hoping that our Comcast experience will be a good one. I really hope for the newest HD-DVR boxes that Moto makes.

The only reason I'm still with comcast is because of OD. My wife said she'll leave me if I switch to dish and we've been married 28 yrs! Oh well, maybe it's time to switch to dish.

Some movies appear in OD the same time the DVDs appear in stores. Some movies appear a little bit later. But the convenience of not going to blockbuster or hollywood to return the discs is really terrific. If you order your movies in OD, you can watch it for 24 hrs. In the SF area the fee is 3.99 for SD movies, for HD movies it's 4.99-5.99. There are gazillions of free movies and programs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)