GOT A NEW WALLY. now the fun

bobtet

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 24, 2015
va
called and did the activation on the wally, thought i would be done and watch TV. boy was i wrong.

all i get is total signal loss, rebooted three or four times with no luck. finally after three hours of playing with it i called DISH. and after hour and a half on the phone no luck, tech will be coming out at 10 AM wed.

i always do my own set up and thought i did good but i guess i am getting too old for this new stuff..:(:mad::imconfused

called and did the activation on the wally, thought i would be done and watch TV. boy was i wrong.

all i get is total signal loss, rebooted three or four times with no luck. finally after three hours of playing with it i called DISH. and after hour and a half on the phone no luck, tech will be coming out at 10 AM wed.

i always do my own set up and thought i did good but i guess i am getting too old for this new stuff..:(:mad::imconfused

Which receiver(s) did you have previously?

Reactions: pattykay
The factory Wally software doesn't recognize the EA satellites (61/72/77). If you repoint your Dish to get a signal off 119, run a Check Switch, then power the unit down, it'll download the updated software. After this, you can repoint your Dish for eastern arc and it will function. You will likely need to call in afterwards to have the Wally reauthorized as it never picked up the initial authorization.

The factory Wally software doesn't recognize the EA satellites (61/72/77). If you repoint your Dish to get a signal off 119, run a Check Switch, then power the unit down, it'll download the updated software. After this, you can repoint your Dish for eastern arc and it will function. You will likely need to call in afterwards to have the Wally reauthorized as it never picked up the initial authorization.

That's not the case here at all. We've installed dozens and dozens of Wally's on eastern arc 1000.2 dishes with no problems at all. We even put 18 of them in a motel on DPP44 switches.

That's not the case here at all. We've installed dozens and dozens of Wally's on eastern arc 1000.2 dishes with no problems at all. We even put 18 of them in a motel on DPP44 switches.
Exactly. My setup i use at home is Eastern Arc. It's actually Hybrid but the Wallys download just fine on it

UPDATE....................................tech just left, i love when a tech knows what he is doing!!!

first off i was pointed at the sat 77 with a good signal but that is not where i should be, need 61.5 and 72.............

i had tried the wally on my home system and it still did not work ??? tech said my home system has a Hybrid LNB that is why it didn't work there.

all is well now with the dish pointed to the correct sat.:):):)

UPDATE....................................tech just left, i love when a tech knows what he is doing!!!

first off i was pointed at the sat 77 with a good signal but that is not where i should be, need 61.5 and 72.............

i had tried the wally on my home system and it still did not work ??? tech said my home system has a Hybrid LNB that is why it didn't work there.

Glad you got her fixed and posting your venture.

Wally's work fine on a Hybrid LNB. I've done it and HipKat does it regularly.

You have to do a switch test any time you change from one LNB to another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)