Got a problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dougprince72

Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Michigan, usa
Okay i had my dish mounted in yard on steal post by installer. Some punk kid took bat to it . My neighbor moving out gave me his (exact same except for serial number) hooked it up signals great but no channels. Direct wanted to chrage several hundred to get me re-hooked up. I have d12-500 receiver. I was told i need to reprogram to new LNB but how anyone got a link or video to watch . Please. :confused: Not trying to hack anything just can't afford Directs "fix"

Okay i had my dish mounted in yard on steal post by installer. Some punk kid took bat to it . My neighbor moving out gave me his (exact same except for serial number) hooked it up signals great but no channels. Direct wanted to chrage several hundred to get me re-hooked up. I have d12-500 receiver. I was told i need to reprogram to new LNB but how anyone got a link or video to watch . Please. :confused: Not trying to hack anything just can't afford Directs "fix"

You don't have the Protection Plan I'm guessing ...
A service call is normally $ 50, many times if you call them and activate the PP they will waive the service call.

You might want to call and see what they say first.

Tell them that your dish is out of alignment.

Check the Dish comparasion page , it has video on it.

What DIRECTV dish antenna type do I have?

YOU CAN....

You can try watching the videos on you tube where they install directv dishes. Not sure what dish you have but you can look there. I've moved my dish before, not too hard. Usually you want to find the 101 (sat) signal first.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Thinking about moving to DirecTV from Dish.... question about HD

Experimenting Would This Work ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)