Got burned by a member here.....beware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"I've always used USPS Delivery Confirmation to protect myself from any losses , it's pretty cheap at 60 cents and it protects both buyer and seller."

Just a word on USPS Delivery Confirmation. I really doesn't protect anyone.
It just shows that "something" was delivered. No return address, weight, or account number.
You could buy something, they could send you an empty envelope with a Delivery Confirmation Number, you're screwed. Buyer beware!

Well that just plain sucks!!! I'd like to think that the members here are for the most part trustworthy and just here to help. And for the most part, that is correct.

I've sent parts to a member free of charge just in the hopes that he'd get his system working and continue to contribute to the site. I even went out of my way to get it shipped from the States (I'm in Canada) just to reduce the shipping costs. He did send me a cheque for the shipping which I didn't bother to cash 'cause I did it out of good will hoping that others would do the same.
What a useless ass!!! Too bad one member can put everyone on the defensive, perhaps making them overly cautious in dealing with others. Thanks for sharing the info and the identity of the member!!! Good Work!

I sent a DP-34 switch when they were more expensive to Dish Network for an RMA. They said they never got it. I got tracking BUT NO INSURANCE. Every single package I sent without insurance never reached it's destination. They tracted that item and it showed where the tracking stopped but they said that since I did not buy insurance that there was nothing that I could do. I learned my lesson and make EVERYONE buy insurance when using USPS or I do not ship the package, as simple as that. It always arrives when I insure it, even if it is the minimal insurance.

I personally think that USPS employees steal uninsured packages because they know that they can get away with it, just like DNSC employees steal parts to resell.

We (Iceberg and myself) need your help

Hello everyone,
I writing this post to all of you and asking for your help for Iceberg and myself. Also for other who have been caught up in the Scam’s that he has done here in selling and buying items from members from this site and not honoring his word to either Iceberg or myself.

I also have the feeling that there may be others here at this site that were scammed or misled, If so please put down your names and what had transpired here on this thread. The thing that hurts me is that I had thought he was my friend and a friend to others here at this site. Sadly that is not the case. From talking to him on the phone he told me he doesn’t give two squats about this group. That he was tired of all of you and the Big Dish Hobby. He started talking and saying nasty things about members here and I couldn’t believe how narrow minded he was. I didn’t say anything to him except yeah and hoped that he would move on to a more positive communication. For that I’m truly sorry, I should have said something at the beginning when he talked trash. When I was talking about getting a Birdview he started from the looks at the post to start a fight with Al, Voom Voom and others. It was on one of my threads and I couldn’t believe that a friend of mine would want to pick a fight with others on my thread. I was never brought up that way. I felt really bad as well as embarrassed.

I consider myself a nice guy and I hope that comes across to all of you. I want to be treated the way I treat you. However when you put me against the wall and do me wrong or hurt others for gain, Look out. Before I moved down here to Florida I was a Court Officer/Process Server/Bail Recovery Agent he has waken up my past and I’m going after him. I know he is pretty fond of his Impala and that he has shown me photographs of it. I Google his nickname SSImpalass23 and came up with a couple of video’s he has submitted to YouTube.com. Also I found his user name on a forum for high performance vehicles at LT1engine.com. Maybe he has shared his photos to you as well. I don’t have a clear enough image of his license plate to use. Or if you have any other information you feel would me helpful please let’s share.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give to us here.

TOM

Last edited by a moderator:
"I've always used USPS Delivery Confirmation to protect myself from any losses , it's pretty cheap at 60 cents and it protects both buyer and seller."

Just a word on USPS Delivery Confirmation. I really doesn't protect anyone.
It just shows that "something" was delivered. No return address, weight, or account number.
You could buy something, they could send you an empty envelope with a Delivery Confirmation Number, you're screwed. Buyer beware!

I see your point , but it is required as proof for those using Paypal on Ebay in order to be covered by Paypal.
My score is 121 and mostly from buyers , I have a 100 % feedback.

Once I was accused of not sending an item , and I remember sending both items in one shipping container , since I keep my USPS receipt with all my confirmations I can show weight , and zipcode if necessary.

The buyer was a big comic collector , who was buying 100's of comics a week and he didn't realize that he had already put the comics away , I had asked him to take the time to look for the comics and sure enough he did find them , but I could've screwed myself for not shipping the items seperately w/ seperate confirmations , the buyer had me doubting myself until I took the initiative to weigh a random amount of comics and conclude that there were twice as many comics sent out.

I see your point , but it is required as proof for those using Paypal on Ebay in order to be covered by Paypal.
My score is 121 and mostly from buyers , I have a 100 % feedback.

Once I was accused of not sending an item , and I remember sending both items in one shipping container , since I keep my USPS receipt with all my confirmations I can show weight , and zipcode if necessary.

The buyer was a big comic collector , who was buying 100's of comics a week and he didn't realize that he had already put the comics away , I had asked him to take the time to look for the comics and sure enough he did find them , but I could've screwed myself for not shipping the items seperately w/ seperate confirmations , the buyer had me doubting myself until I took the initiative to weigh a random amount of comics and conclude that there were twice as many comics sent out.

Hello Jayelem,
Please read post number#13 (permalink)from Corrado. Followed by Iceberg’s answer to him on post #14 (permalink)on this thread. This is not the case of buying an item from somebody on E-bay. It was buying an item from a member here and thinking that he would send it insured and with a tracking number.
Thanks,
Tom

what the hell is all this? i havent scammed anyone. i've sold plenty of things on here before and never scammed anyone....tom me and u was good friends i cant believe you'd post things like this ice i still have your dsr-905 receiver and yes i called nps when i first got it and they said they'd have to do a crossover with unit id's and it wouldnt be able to be actived i been working on the road alot with a friend with construction i sent off the receiver and it was sent back please forgive me im really sorry im not running with your things...please forgive me i've never done anyone wrong on here..me and tom will sort this out today tom give me a call im home today and ill talk to you about the receiver . we can work out something im not running with anything....i promise i am a pub member for god sakes why would i take from you guys please ice message me with ur addresss and ill get your receiver out today first thing and ill get tracking and insureance to back my ass up i messed up with tom's receiver and yes i acted ulgy about it but im very sorry tom i done you wrong about the deal about how i've been acting i really am sorry and hope everyone can forgive me thank you ice remember to message me your address and ill send it out to you today ill stay in touch

im very hurt at things people have said about me i've read this whole thread and i cant believe you guys specially voom voom i've never done anything wrong to anyone. tom i've sent you other things you've bought from me and you got them it's just that post office im being honest i even told tom awhile back i sent your receiver back to you

huh...I had the same type of experience...probably the same person

couple months ago I had a FTA sale where I sold some stuff. Almost everything I sold was to the FTA folks (folks I "knew"..the ones that post in the FTA area all the time)...some sent money orders, some paypal, some sent checks and said I could hold onto the stuff until the check cleared. I sent the items right away as I figured they were good on their word.

So someone wanted a 905. A "member" here (using quotes as they havent been here for a while) wanted it and would send a postal money order. Was "sent" on a Saturday....got a PM on Tuesday, Wed & Thursday seeing if I got it. Nope. But I made the mistake of saying "well you're good on your word, I'll send it to ya". Sent priority and they got it in 2 days. Apparently they couldnt get it authorized :rolleyes: and after a week this person said they'd send it back to me. I figured heck I could use it on the music channels when they were still on X4 at the time. I hadnt got the money order and this person was told they had to wait 45 days before dealing with the PO. My uncle works for the local PO and its only 30 days....so the person said in a PM that it would be sent on Friday which got pushed back to Saturday...well that was 2 months ago and no money order and no receiver.

it's illegal to put my personal info on here tom. i cant believe you'd go that way. i'd really like you to remove everything about me thank you.

PM from 5/29 (just found it)
"going to send the receiver out to you tomorrow morning."

So technically I am out 120 bucks.....I paid 100 for the receiver at the time and it cost me 20 to ship it...and I have no money order or no 905 :(

ice you changed your story here is what you wrote me it is 45 days you even said someone you know confirmed it being 45 days i never tried to take nothing from you just send me your address in PM and ill send it out today w/tracking and u'll have to sign for it also im not letting this happen to me twice

Iceberg wrote :
Re: DSR-905/money order
damn man I'm sorry that it didn't work. Also kinda pissed about the money order and the mail but I did talk to my uncle (he's a mail man locally in Shakopee) and he confirmed the 45 day wait thing....in case someone cashes it. I told him if it has my name on it how can they cash it and he said unless they scribble it out...they can't

Tom i'd really like you to remove my personal information please it's illegal to post this on here i hope you know that so please remove everything about me some isnt even true. some of what i thought was my friends arent really my friend to talk about me like this

me and tom are working things out to get him another receiver so he's happy and im happy i promised tom and everyone to get iceberg his receiver back to him i hope iceberg will be the same i've messaged him to get his contact info to get his receiver back to him ok

Tom i'd really like you to remove my personal information please it's illegal to post this on here i
Its also illegal to scam people. Pay off your debts. If I bought anything off Ebay in March and didn't have it by April, with the responces you gave , You can bet your ass ,I d be hunting you down. Pay them back! NOW! No one gives a SH#$ about your sob storys.

i am going to fix this not on here to fight i didnt scam anyone trying to make things right? if i scammed them i'd never make it right ...and yes i'd probably hunt someone down who scammed me so i dont blame them for being so upset you didnt have to reply with a comment like that either

Well, according to them, this isnt the first time you said you would "make it right" or "i am sending it out tomorrow". Actions speak louder than words my friend. Man up and make it right

i am going to make it right im waiting for icebergs PM and im going to get both receivers out today. just as soon as i hear from him(ICE)

Well, according to them, this isnt the first time you said you would "make it right" or "i am sending it out tomorrow". Actions speak louder than words my friend. Man up and make it right

Re: Heard from Chefwan

Hello everyone,
Well I heard from Chefwan. He finally read the thread and send me some PM's and then wrote some messages to me via AOL Messenger.
He wrote to me and said on the phone that he would do me right. He was also upset that there was a thread about him saying that he scammed people. I told him that was only because he told me to go to Hell, Don't call me it over oh well. That I did write that only after I heard that he said that to me and heard that there was a problem with him and Iceberg. He apologized to me about being rude to me that he was under a lot of stress.

I told him that I forgive him about being rude, however I want my receiver and that I also want the issue to be resolve between himself and Iceberg. After I get that will I try to restore his name. So as far as this date he has told me that he going to send me a receiver and make it right with Iceberg and himself. That he will me sending the receiver and I would have to sign for it. I told him that is the only way that I send things too. I told him once he made good for me I will post that on the thread and that he needs to get a hold of Iceberg and do him right too.

I will let everybody know when I hear from him and get the product.
Thanks again,
Tom

```````````````````````````````````````
From chat with him via AOL Chat.

SSImpalaSS23 (6:07:28 AM): tom
SSImpalaSS23 (6:07:31 AM): can we talk
SSImpalaSS23 (6:07:46 AM): please
SSImpalaSS23 (6:08:04 AM): im truely sorry for the way i acted towards you i am i hope u can forgive me and we can work it out
thomas34461usa (6:08:10 AM): Go ahead
SSImpalaSS23 (6:08:23 AM): i got a dsr-920 coming in
SSImpalaSS23 (6:08:27 AM): i won it off ebay
SSImpalaSS23 (6:08:33 AM): im going to send it out to you
SSImpalaSS23 (6:08:47 AM): ill make sure it has insurenace
SSImpalaSS23 (6:08:58 AM): and u'll have to sign for it also so u get it and only you
thomas34461usa (6:09:19 AM): Ok good, I only put it on ( Your name) when you said Go to Hell etc
SSImpalaSS23 (6:09:20 AM): im really hurt
SSImpalaSS23 (6:09:29 AM): i cant believe u'd do me like this
SSImpalaSS23 (6:09:40 AM): i want to give u a call is it ok if i call your cell phone right now
SSImpalaSS23 (6:09:50 AM): i'd like to talk about this
SSImpalaSS23 (6:10:30 AM): i never stole frm anyone
SSImpalaSS23 (6:10:56 AM): i been so busy i havent be able to get ice's receiver back out to him its going out today soon as he send's me his address i dont do anyone wrong i just been really stressed out
thomas34461usa (6:11:03 AM): First lets emtablished that the reason I did this on the nsite was because you said go to Hell, Don't call me again it over oh well
SSImpalaSS23 (6:11:18 AM): im 23 years old trying to maintain my own house hold
SSImpalaSS23 (6:11:35 AM): it's hard i help out with income tax's also and i try to do the best i can
SSImpalaSS23 (6:11:56 AM): i dont want you to hate me
SSImpalaSS23 (6:12:03 AM): i thought we was really good friends
thomas34461usa (6:12:11 AM): Ok let me get my phone
SSImpalaSS23 (6:12:15 AM): ok
thomas34461usa (6:12:18 AM): Hold on
SSImpalaSS23 (6:12:25 AM): alright let me know when to call you and ill give you a call
thomas34461usa (6:13:34 AM): ok now
SSImpalaSS23 (6:13:44 AM): # please
thomas34461usa (6:14:09 AM): Phone number omitted SSImpalaSS23 (6:14:23 AM): ok gime me a min
SSImpalaSS23 signed off at 6:53:20 AM.
SSImpalaSS23 is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.

i am going to make it right im waiting for icebergs PM and im going to get both receivers out today. just as soon as i hear from him(ICE)

If you don't make it right, I suggest they get ahold of the Postal Inspectors for their areas as what you have done is MAIL FRAUD and you can spend a lot of years in a federal resort, if you wish.

Thanks for the laughs generated by your replies, though, they lightened up this thread! :D The way you are attempting to come off as indignant was hilarious!

Seriously folks, when you buy anything on line, forget PayPal. Use the USPS to mail a check and a USPS money order. That way, if the seller is a con, you have 2 counts of mail fraud for them to deal with. If you use a "Credit Card" at least you can get a charge-back, but I doubt many crooks have AMEX processing. :)

Seriously folks, when you buy anything on line, forget PayPal. Use the USPS to mail a check and a USPS money order. That way, if the seller is a con, you have 2 counts of mail fraud for them to deal with. If you use a "Credit Card" at least you can get a charge-back, but I doubt many crooks have AMEX processing. :)
USPS money orders are worthless. Sure you can file a claim, but it takes an eternity, and they rarely pay out. PayPal may not be that much better, but they will siphon off anything that's in the guy's account, and prevent him from taking more money in through that account. Also, always fund your paypal purchases from a credit card - credit cards will reverse transactions and get your money back EVERY TIME if you demand it. Paypal will complain about the reversal, but you'll get your money back!

As for chewfan, the only excuse for not following through, in my book, is either you got kidnapped (backed up by legit police reports), or you died (backed up by death certificate). In either circumstance, you should be trustworthy enough to have documented your affairs well enough for survivors to follow through with the transaction for you. I appreciate that you apologized, and hope that you are really trying to make things good... but really... who would want to deal with you again if it takes this much effort to get what they purchased?

well im just trying to make things right that's all. tom and icebergs packages will go out today if i ever hear from iceberg today if not he's will go out tomorrow hopefully he replys to me before 4pm so i can get it out asap. im sorry for all this. if no one wants to buy from me no more thats fine i know i didnt scam anyone. im trying to make it right i think im doing the right thing here i hope everyone else agree's that im making an effort to replace his receiver even tho im losing out but i guess it was my fault right? but as far as icebergs im waiting for his PM

USPS money orders are worthless. Sure you can file a claim, but it takes an eternity, and they rarely pay out. PayPal may not be that much better, but they will siphon off anything that's in the guy's account, and prevent him from taking more money in through that account. Also, always fund your paypal purchases from a credit card - credit cards will reverse transactions and get your money back EVERY TIME if you demand it. Paypal will complain about the reversal, but you'll get your money back!

As for chewfan, the only excuse for not following through, in my book, is either you got kidnapped (backed up by legit police reports), or you died (backed up by death certificate). In either circumstance, you should be trustworthy enough to have documented your affairs well enough for survivors to follow through with the transaction for you. I appreciate that you apologized, and hope that you are really trying to make things good... but really... who would want to deal with you again if it takes this much effort to get what they purchased?

Thanks for the info on how to deal with PayPal. Have never used it as all I ever read on FatWallet about it is how they could care less if you got cheated and fleabay is just using it to fund their sales. As for as the postal money orders go, see below.

well im just trying to make things right that's all. tom and icebergs packages will go out today if i ever hear from iceberg today if not he's will go out tomorrow hopefully he replys to me before 4pm so i can get it out asap. im sorry for all this. if no one wants to buy from me no more thats fine i know i didnt scam anyone. im trying to make it right i think im doing the right thing here i hope everyone else agree's that im making an effort to replace his receiver even tho im losing out but i guess it was my fault right? but as far as icebergs im waiting for his PM

Only took public embarrassment to get you off your can though huh? Today or tomorrow? If they don't get them soon, hopefully they will get ahold of the local Postal Inspector and have you prosecuted for FRAUD, as your excuses are pretty lame, at a minimum. Be thankful that they are nice guys, I know people who would pay you a personal visit and have a discussion that you would not soon forget if you ripped them off. :eek:

And, yes, it is YOUR fault, at least you have that part right!

Have a nice day!

PS: Fraud is a felony in any state that I am familiar with as well as a Federal Crime.

Only took public embarrassment to get you off your can though huh?

ummmm? today is my first day back on here since like june something i wasnt running off with anyone's things. i get the point about it so i dont think no one else needs to post about the same stuff, im trying to fix this. so just back off

i sent off the receiver and it was sent back
why would the receiver be sent back? My address has been the same for the almost 6 years I've lived there :)

please ice message me with ur addresss and ill get your receiver out today first thing and ill get tracking and insureance to back my ass up
I sent you both my home (for USPS assdresses) and my moms (for UPS/FedEx etc) so if it needs to be signed it will be signed for :)

thank you ice remember to message me your address and ill send it out to you today ill stay in touch
message sent :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)