Got burned by a member here.....beware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
just would like everyone to know packages will be sent out. soon i've got both address's and going to get the stuff together and sent it out so i hope everyone see's im trying to do good here...

I have talked with Chefwan and he appears to be making good on his deals. Lets put down the pitch forms and torches for a bit and let him make good.

There was a lesson learned here.

thanks guys i missed up and im trying to correct what i done wrong. i hope everyone see's im doing the right thing even tho some will not but that's ok . i hope you guys will post you got the receivers in when you do so thanks

I removed the posts/attachments as in a PM both myself & Thomas have received the attachments.

No need to post personal info..I can vouch we received the info

my personal info should be be deleted off this forum also...it's not right to post my name and address on here either but i post someone's and its deleted wth? i see how this is

I've always used USPS Delivery Confirmation to protect myself from any losses , it's pretty cheap at 60 cents and it protects both buyer and seller.

Unfortunately there are people who will jump at the opportunity of deceiving others for their own personal gain , I found it even sadder that the person deliberately scamming others happened to be a well known member .

I also believe in Karma ........ what comes around goes around.

Public Information available via Internet

....... I really do hope that he reads this thread and sees that true SatGuy members have integrity and stick up for each other.

Satellite Guys Moderators , should any of my views or comments violate any forum rules please edit my reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
here is another , tom i thought you was going to take off these things....
appears to be making good on his deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski
I have talked with Chefwan and he appears to be making good on his deals. Lets put down the pitch forms and torches for a bit and let him make good.

There was a lesson learned here.

Turning down Heat Scott, will post message when reciever comes in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve,
Like I said earlier to Scott: "Turning down Heat Scott, will post message when receiver comes in." There have been no ill will comments coming from Iceberg, myself or even the membership here. If there's any heat it only because you brought it up. Who knows maybe today Iceberg and myself will get what we paid for. Then I will post that to at lease put a better light associated with your name.

TOM

Update on receiver

Hello everyone and Chefwan,
For the record I did get the receiver today at Noon.

I got also a remote control and a wire that was attached to a cable connector. Have no idea what that is for.

Does it work? I don't know because there was no electric cord included in the box. Steve did you forget to put it in?

Also in the back of the receiver it looks like there is a slot for some kind of card that plugs in. Do you have that too? I don't know what to say if what you sent to me works or not.

TOM
:confused:

Tom
Is it a 920 or 922? I know those had a "future use" card slot in them on the back...about the side of a credit card...they dont need a card though

Well at 11:45 Central time mailman came up the driveway...signed for it and then I had to leave.

Came home and opened up the box. 905 is in there and the remote. Hooked it up and tuned to K5 600 (thats AMC5 channel 600 for the folks who are confused) and Oklahoma PBS came in...so it works :)

Have to do a refresh channel maps into it but it looks like its working fine now

Glad it worked out for the best Iceberg; from prior postings you have enough on your plate lately and this should have never happened :)

eh the plate is getting somewhat empty :)

Tonite I'll probably try and download the newest maps. Have to move the big dish out to G5/14 to grab them :)

well hell it works. i know it does linuxman sold it to me and he know it works also...yes the cord i forgot im sorry ill mail that to you...but i think this thread needs to closed completely and deleted after i send this to tom im not coming back on this site. so yeah ill send the cord to your house tom. sorry again

I found a old RCA Electrical Cord with the Round/Square plug

Chefwan,
I found a old RCA Electrical Cord with the Round/Square plug end so you don't have to spend any more money in sending out one. When I first plugged it in it had on the receiver screen W U. So I took that it was warming up and after a few minutes it showed G5108 when it is powered on. It shows a clock when it is in off mode. I tried to use the remote control with it to turn it on and see about a menu but it will not work. Maybe it just needs to be re programed? Can you tell me if the battery was ever changed?

It looks like everything is working ok. So I want to say you made things right between you and me. I'm also letting you know and the membership here that I forgive you for this mistake and for being rude (That even you admit to being rude) to me. You said you were sorry and I believe you. I felt that you were under a lot of stress and you just couldn't take it anymore that you blew a fuse! You are a young man. People make mistakes we all do. I did some whoppers too when I was young! But you got to control your emotions Steve, I see your emotions getting to the boiling point again when you say: "after i send this to tom im not coming back on this site". You are not only worried what people think of you but you are also using this invisable baseball bat to beat yourself up with. You need to start the process of counting to 10 before letting your emotions speak for you! Someone responded on this thread amd I forget now who did but they were good words. Actions speak better then Words. You took the Action and made things right between Iceberg and myself. So let the healing begin and don't say im not coming back on this site. You seem to have some friends out there and still do, we are just human and we make mistakes. Actions do speak louder then Words. Don't go away from this site now Steve. Give it some time and let the healing take part in you. I also recommend that this thread be taken off after a few days if some of the membership who are your friends in the past want to say anything so you can quit beating yourself up.

TOM
:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)