Had a chat with a CSR today.

theguglielmos

Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
CT
My 722k is stuck with a hard drive error 311. It won't come out of the error to let me watch live tv. It happened a week or so ago and I was able to pull the plug and get back into business, but not this time. I chatted with a CSR who was very pleasant and even waived the 15 dollar shipping (I think she realized she made a mistake when she said she would replace it free, then she said 15 dollars shipping - I said 15 dollars is not free).

I asked about upgrading to the hopper because my TV2 doesn't get HD from the 722k and my brother is going to be moving in for a bit and might want a tv in his room which we are not currently equipped for. The nice woman CSR said it was going to be 400 dollars plus 95 for installation! I'm shocked about how un-accessible they are making the service for existing customers when it's free for new ones.

I have to say that I used to have such positive regard for Dish, but it's fading fast. I get more and more of my content from GoogleTV and one of the main reasons we've not cut the cord is because my wife is so hooked on reality shows.

Wondering if this meshes with others' experiences. Sorry if I'm not in the right sub-forum.

Thanks Thomas Jefferson and Zach. Mike H. on twitter said it was because I was in the first year of a two year contract. It's just gross. Hold existing customers in a penalty box. I was with Dish/AT&T for 6 years before I was forced to unbundle and now I'm new again? Stinks, stinks, stinks.

I'll PM you anyways to find out my anniversary date so I can mark the calendar.

Last edited:
My 722k is stuck with a hard drive error 311. It won't come out of the error to let me watch live tv. It happened a week or so ago and I was able to pull the plug and get back into business, but not this time. I chatted with a CSR who was very pleasant and even waived the 15 dollar shipping (I think she realized she made a mistake when she said she would replace it free, then she said 15 dollars shipping - I said 15 dollars is not free).

I asked about upgrading to the hopper because my TV2 doesn't get HD from the 722k and my brother is going to be moving in for a bit and might want a tv in his room which we are not currently equipped for. The nice woman CSR said it was going to be 400 dollars plus 95 for installation! I'm shocked about how un-accessible they are making the service for existing customers when it's free for new ones.

I have to say that I used to have such positive regard for Dish, but it's fading fast. I get more and more of my content from GoogleTV and one of the main reasons we've not cut the cord is because my wife is so hooked on reality shows.

Wondering if this meshes with others' experiences. Sorry if I'm not in the right sub-forum.

Ask DISH about installing a 211k.;)

Pause Unpause skipping ahead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts