Hallmark Different on DirecTV than other provider?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

falkor

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 18, 2010
Eastern Seaboard
This may be the wrong thread and if so , please move ......Here is something very weird I do not understand . I am a fan of the show CHEERS . I watch it every weeknight on Hallmark channel . When I had Dish , it was fine . Now , through Directv , for some strange idiotic reason , any word that was deemed offensive back in 1960 is cut out of the show . The words butt , and damn and of course anything above those . Why is this ? I watched Hallmark on Dish without issue . How does Directv actually edit this ? Or is it coincidence ?
I hate stupidity and this is most certainly an unecessary move . :rant:

I'm sure that Directv doesn't do that because many other channels have much more offensive language than that. I watch Cheers on WGN and there is no indication of any bleeping.

This may be the wrong thread and if so , please move ......Here is something very weird I do not understand . I am a fan of the show CHEERS . I watch it every weeknight on Hallmark channel . When I had Dish , it was fine . Now , through Directv , for some strange idiotic reason , any word that was deemed offensive back in 1960 is cut out of the show . The words butt , and damn and of course anything above those . Why is this ? I watched Hallmark on Dish without issue . How does Directv actually edit this ? Or is it coincidence ?
I hate stupidity and this is most certainly an unecessary move . :rant:

I'm guessing that Hallmark has begun editing it themselves since you had Dish.

Or maybe they've moved the show to a more "age appropriate" area in the daily schedule.

TV Guide indicates that Hallmark is playing the show VERY early in the morning.

HDNet seems to be doing much the same.

WGN is putting it on in the early evenings now.

It is still on from 1 am to 4 am eastern time . And I did not think Directv would do any editing . As for bleeping , it is not bleeped . The sound is cut out when a word like what I mentioned is said . And it could be that Hallmark began editing after I left Dish but , I noticed this two days after getting Directv which was only a few weeks ago . Guess it is coincidence . This is just weird . Would this mean that the adult channels edit out the sex acts ? Lol . I guess I will try to contact Hallmark and ask them what they are doing . I brought this up because there has been talk about Directv not showing full cuts of shows and movies on premium channels . I also watch it in the evenings on WGN and it is fine . Could Hallmark truly be this pathetic ?
Thank you guys for the information . :)

Iceman .
I can understand that as well but , they were not doing it before 2 weeks ago or so . And it is on between 1 am and 4 am Eastern . This is confusing and there really is no reason for it . Cheers is for all ages anyway . And the words " damn " or " butt " are removed ? Really ? I think the good Reverend at Hallmark needs to recuse himself from the programming .
Thanks Ice . Makes sense to some degree.:up

yeah if its on that early (or late depending on how you word it) they shouldnt be muting it

Sounds like overkill

I stopped watching on Hallmark for that reason. HDNET has an hour block of Cheers uncensored and commercial free everyday at 6am & 11:30am ET.

I like to point out that we do not edit anything. With the one exception is we produce the Orginal Red Zone Channel and we edit nfl games for the nfl sunday ticket Short cuts that play on monday and tuesday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts