Hardware required; awaiting the arrival of my 622 receiver.

flytank

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 17, 2006
Hello!!! I'm awaiting the arrival of my 622 receiver. Eventually I'll have in my house the following:

622 receiver
211 receiver
625 receiver (kids rooms)

My house has currently the following:

942 receiver (living room HDTV home theater)
811 receiver (master bedroom HDTV Plasma)
625 receiver (kids rooms)
3 Dish 500 antennas (at installer's sugestion) for supplying the signals to the above receivers (2 pointed in the same direction and the 3rd pointed to the other side I guess for the 61.5 satellite).

With this setup I currently subscribe to the Everything packcage (incl movies), all the HD channels and all the VOOM channels, dish latino add-up, etc. I am able to see all my programming without any problems (switch says I'm picking up the 110, 119 and 61.5 satellites). I live in Orlando, Florida and have been told by my local installer that I'm good to go to just plug in these 622 and 211 receivers when I get them and do not need an installer since i'm already picking up the VOOMS on the 61.5 and once I plug them I'll be able to receive all the new HD programming (5 new VOOMS, etc). Dish says that I need to install 1000 antennas, however after reviewing the Echostar map I see that 1000's do not work on Florida.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as far as hardaware needed, do I need a 44switch? Anything else besides the boxes of course? Again, I live in Orlando and therefore the 1000 antenna is no good. A thousand thanks in advance, JC

as far as dishes go you are set up. are you just replacing existing receivers or you adding more? and if you just swapping boxes then you don't need anything additional.

can you do us a favor go to menu 6-1-3 on line (h) it will tell you what LNB you are using and switch type. you sad you have 3 dishes and 2 dual tuner and 1 single tuner boxes it sounds interesting and contradicting

Thanks for the prompt reply.

On the 811:
Item h. says:
Device: DP-21, Twin-2 (1), Dual-1 (2)

On the 625:

Item h. says:
Device: DPP Twin, Twin (1), Twin (2), Twin (3)

On the 942:

Cant see an item H. but says the switch is DPP on Satellite input 1 and satellite input 2.....
for both satellite inputs says
Port 1...satellite 119, Port 2....satellite 110 and Port 3....sat 61.5

Yes 3 500 antennas is a strange set-up bu it was recommended by the installers and resulted to be more cost effective. Reception is beautiful on all three receivers. Thanks ,J

Oops forgot to answer your other questions.....

No, I'm not adding additional receivers, I'm REPLCING my 942 and 811 with a 622 and a 211. Again, I dont need any other kind of hardware like a 44 switch? These folks at CSR at Dish typed in a lot of stuff like a 44 switch and what not in the work order, but as I said on my 1st post I live in Orlando, Florida and therefore it has been explained to me by an installer with 23 years experience that my 3 Dish 500 antennas is all I need despite what Dish says, especially when the map says NO COVERAGE for the 1000's in FL

you will be just fine with what you have. but if dish still insist on getting dish 1000 just tell them you already have one installed.
you have one dish with DPP twin 2nd dish is DP twin and 3rd is 61.5 that runs to both dish 500

Thank You very much sir!!!! Will post when everything is in place, once again thanks for your input. JC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts