Has the Hopper changed any of your viewing habits?

Brent L

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
SC
I have had the Hopper w/sling for 20 days now and it has changed my viewing habits quite a bit. I haven't downloaded a single TV show (yeah, I know) or used Hulu to watch any TV at all so far. I could easily see myself dropping Hulu now that I have the Hopper. I am also trying new shows that I never would have given a chance before thanks to PTAT. Has the Hopper changed your viewing habits at all as it has done for me?

I find myself watching more Tv with the Hopper than when I was with D*. Their Dvr's were so frustrating I would just shut it off to not deal with it.

I have had the Hopper w/sling for 20 days now and it has changed my viewing habits quite a bit. I haven't downloaded a single TV show (yeah, I know) or used Hulu to watch any TV at all so far. I could easily see myself dropping Hulu now that I have the Hopper. I am also trying new shows that I never would have given a chance before thanks to PTAT. Has the Hopper changed your viewing habits at all as it has done for me?

What did you come from? No sat or cable? Just OTA and online?

Nope no change, I still record the shows I want to see, watch them and then delete them.

I'm using ptat to sample new shows. Still working out the issue with network shows that already are timers and realizing that I can save series. May disable ptat after I'm sure about new shows.

We watch most shows on the same air-date, but delayed, so we can skip commercials. 70 or so timers.
We watch sports live, cuz live sports is live. Mostly NFL, we have a special nfl channel list so we can rotate thru cbs/fox/redzone, as commercials/game action changes.

Not so sure my viewing habits have change too much but the overall experience has increased a lot. I can record so much more and have access to all my recordings on every TV and in HD. I'm not sure how it can get too much better.

viewing habits

I've had a Hopper since they first came out. I most definitely am watching shows that I never watched before. I never bothered to pay attention to when certain shows were on to set up a time for them. So with PTAT I get all the shows so now I watch NCIS, CSI, and other shows I never bothered to watch before. So it definitely changed my viewing habits.

Plus though i've always used the dvr to skip commercials. I like the fact that Dish added after I got the Hopper the automatically skip commercials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)