Have a small issue, picture freezing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv newb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
columbus, oh.
Hey, all of a sudden my HR34 Genie has developed a weird type of problem. Everything is fine while I am watching t.v., but "magically" when I am away from the t.v. for a while (t.v. is left on) I come back and there is a frozen picture on the screen which so far has always been a commercial (don't know if that matters). This has happened to me 4 times in the past couple days It has never happened when I am sitting there watching the t.v., so I have never seen it actually happen live. I look at the frozen picture and then I hit the channel up button and it changes channels and the picture and sound all come back to normal on the new channel. What do you think could be causing this issue?

What's causing it is having a HR34. Soon, it will not come back when you change channels and you'll have to RBR it. Call Directv, tell them your receiver isn't working, they'll send someone out. Hopefully they'll have a HR44 and swap it out.

No, this is nothing to do with it being an HR34. It is a problem that has been widely reported in the last few weeks with several receivers (including the HR44 Genie) and it seems to be tied up with DirecTV preloading commercials onto the disk drive (usually but not always local commercials). When the commercial ends, the receiver freezes.

No, this is nothing to do with it being an HR34. It is a problem that has been widely reported in the last few weeks with several receivers (including the HR44 Genie) and it seems to be tied up with DirecTV preloading commercials onto the disk drive (usually but not always local commercials). When the commercial ends, the receiver freezes.

Yes, it is always at a commercial and the picture is frozen. Ok, so you are saying that this is a known issue, if that is true that makes me feel better. Honestly my HR34 has been great and I love it.

This might be related. I recorded Tyrant on FX tonight and the picture froze at the 1:05 mark (not a commercial) of the 1:11 program (I started watching the recording at 9:20 CST). I switched to live and was able to watch with no glitches after going back to the 1:05 mark.

This might be related. I recorded Tyrant on FX tonight and the picture froze at the 1:05 mark (not a commercial) of the 1:11 program (I started watching the recording at 9:20 CST). I switched to live and was able to watch with no glitches after going back to the 1:05 mark.
No, that's a different "known issue" almost always on FX. It's some sort of problem with the program guide metadata that so far DirecTV/FX have not been able to fix.

Yes, it is always at a commercial and the picture is frozen. Ok, so you are saying that this is a known issue, if that is true that makes me feel better. Honestly my HR34 has been great and I love it.

Yes, I saw half a dozen different posts on this only in the last few days.

No, that's a different "known issue" almost always on FX. It's some sort of problem with the program guide metadata that so far DirecTV/FX have not been able to fix.

Thanks. I noticed something similar with an episode of The Strain a few weeks ago. Seems to occur when episodes run over 1:05.

Yep, I have a HR44 been maybe last 2 weeks getting random freezing.....

I haven't seen this myself yet, maybe just lucky.
I know DirecTv knows about this problem..

I have a HR44 and it started happening to me about 2 months ago. Been fine for the past few weeks but this week it started happening again. Most of the time it happens on CNN.

same problem with my hr44. always on a commercial.

anyone know if there is a fix on the way?

tom

I stand corrected. Just experienced it for myself. Local commercial (Bob's Furniture, Boston area) on ESPN froze the HR44...

DirecTV is well aware of the issue - you can see some responses on the DirecTV service twitter account.

They should remove the ads until they can set it up properly. I have had local ads on national channels for a while and never had this until now. Can I blame AT&T?

It was feeling all smug that this wasn't happening for me, then it started today. Lol. Seems to be only with the Mor furniture ad. I called and was told they are aware of it. I received this email an hour or so later.

Dear KATHERINE,

This email confirms that we have received an escalation for the issue (reference number 0904150067622) that you reported on 09/03/2015. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please be assured that we are working diligently to resolve it as soon as possible. You may receive interim updates and will be notified when the issue is resolved. There is no need to contact Customer Care further at this time.

Thank you for being a loyal DIRECTV customer.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

Every time intell commercial comes my freezes up channel up or down then back it clears up.
Just remember that when you change the channel you lose the buffer and that part of the program is gone. A better way is to hit the rewind button which clears the commercial but does not empty the buffer. Credit to the other forum for this. They need to fix this ASAP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)