Having Problem With Timers on Hopper

Brucegrr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
Ney, Ohio
I am having a terrible time with my scheduled timers being cancelled. They say user cancelled but I am not canceling them. I already know that if the timer color is purple I need to set it for a different time slot.

Tonight, the Hopper failed to record 4 programs that I moved to later time slots to avoid conflicts.

I have a Hopper and a Super Joey. I also have the antenna adapter. I just checked, at 2:15 AM, the number of available tuners and it lists 6. Shouldn't it show 8, 5 on the hopper, 2 on the Super Joey, and 1 on the antenna adapter?

This recording problem started a month ago.

Thanks.

Bruce

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the number of available tuners and it lists 6. Shouldn't it show 8, 5 on the hopper, 2 on the Super Joey, and 1 on the antenna adapter?
It's (3) satellite tuners on the Hopper, (1) OTA tuner, and (2) on the Super Joey. You will see add'l tuners on the Hopper when viewing your local channels (PTAT mode) and it does not have to be between 8pm and 11pm.

How many of those failed recordings were from the big 4 networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) ?

There is a bug in the current software that skips some recordings that are delayed by the user to a later time. If the show is re-scheduled to record after midnight the Hopper will often mark the show as a duplicate or cancelled by user.

Please report it to Dish. The more reports they get the quicker they might fix it.

There is a bug in the current software that skips some recordings that are delayed by the user to a later time. If the show is re-scheduled to record after midnight the Hopper will often mark the show as a duplicate or cancelled by user.

Please report it to Dish. The more reports they get the quicker they might fix it.
Is that still happening ? I thought it was resolved in the previous s/w update (S517 for the HWS, not sure about the H2K) ?

It's (3) satellite tuners on the Hopper, (1) OTA tuner, and (2) on the Super Joey. You will see add'l tuners on the Hopper when viewing your local channels (PTAT mode) and it does not have to be between 8pm and 11pm.

How many of those failed recordings were from the big 4 networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) ?

None of the failures were on the networks, HBO, Showtime, and AMC

If the timer shows purple, you don't need set it to a different time slot, it will record fine.

Not for me. I have found that when the timer shows purple it will, at times, not record the program due to there being too many programs scheduled to record. This doesn't happen regularly, but often enough that I don't trust it,

Thanks. all of the missed recordings were rescheduled to after midnight. Mad Men, Silicon Valley, Nurse Jackie, Game of Thrones.

Sunday is a real hassle. So many of the shows we watch are scheduled on Sunday. Throw in the NFL or baseball, like the game last night between Reds and Cards, andI usually have to reschedule 3-4 programs.

Last edited:
It shouldn't skip on purple as that just mean tuner three will be used. Having 5 tuners, you should be able to have the third tuner in use and still have two extras.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)