HBO - Game of Thrones (No Spoilers)

Next Episode

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Blackwater": Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis' fleet attacks King's Landing.

S~

man the previews for the next 2 episodes just look absolutely awesome.

<spoiler>
So glad the stark kids are not dead, that was really worriesome, but I bet big brothers hears of there death and the iron people get decimated.
</spoiler>

Season Finale

Sunday, June 3, 2012

"Valar Morghulis": Theon incites his men to action; Luwin offers advice; Brienne silences Jaime; Arya receives a gift; Dany goes to a strange place; Jon proves himself.

S~

You know, I have given two years to this show and I am still not "into it". I keep finding myself incredibly bored and at times lost. Last week's episode with the battle was totally disjointed. The dragon-lady story line has always been completely aside and a distraction from the rest of the story. I know this will come together, but I must be the only person who has watched every episode for two seasons and is still unsure if he likes the series.

I will say that the problems with me and this series have to do with killing off the only character I really cared about in the first season and (because I am no longer 13 years old) the amazing amount of gratuitous and unnecessary sex scenes that bring the story to a grinding halt every time. If the sex scenes actually advanced the plot that would be one thing, but they don't. The shut down the story-telling for prurient interest alone. If I want to watch that kind of thing, Cinemax has plenty of that every night. I find myself watching episodes in 40 minutes after skipping the unnecessary skin-flick portions, that is if I am still paying attention to the TV and haven't become engrossed on whatever I was doing on the computer. Like last night, I had to skip back to watch the second half again since the show ended and I realized I hadn't been paying attention.

Production values are excellent. But things have to get moving story-wise. I swear the last two years could be condensed into a 3 hour movie and lose none of the essential elements.

Let me first say that I love this series!

But the finale was just so disjointed as they tried to bring some closure and cliff hanging to each of the various plot lines that I found myself not enjoying the finale much at all, especially as a season finale!

I agree that the finale wasn't the greatest and the battle did get a bit confusing towards the end. However I do think the story will get a lot more interesting now. The showrunners said that because the 3rd book in the series, A Storm of Swords, is so long, it'll take two seasons, season 3 and 4, to cover all of the plots in that book alone.

I think reading the books would be a worthwhile venture.

There are just so many subplots that it's impossible to tie them all together in 50min episodes and 10 episodes a season.And I agree they could cut out all or most of the sex and still have a great show.Feel the same way about Spartacus.

The pig crap (wildfire) battle scene in episode 9 was great though!I really like the show overall but they need to focus a bit more on the story and less on the sex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts