Hbo- Hd Viewing Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ERNIE PAUL

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2004
has anyone experienced audio/video dropouts when viewing HBO HD?during last nights programming of ROME i had numerous skipping effects of picture and dialogue.had noticed the same effect on some previous HBO HD programs.

Bandwidth starvation, they lack the bandwidth needed to supply customers with a steady signal, at least until the new sats are up and going..

You are experiencing D*'s dreaded "HD Lite," capably explained as 'bandwidth starvation' by damaged in the previous post. What D* describes as HD is not, and the gap between their ad copy and delivered service widens daily. They are serving a turd to you and telling you it's steak.

Ernie,
I recorded Rome on my HDTivo Sunday and watched it last night. I didn't have any dropouts in audio or video. What type of signal strength do you have on your Sat-C
transponders? I think HBO HD is on C-10.

I have been getting the same problem on all HD channels as of late..

signal strength is a-ok.have noticed simular,but not as severe,condition appearing on non HD channels.briefly occurred last evening on ch360,FOX NEWS.was wondering if my HD-250 rcvr is beginning to act up.

not everything on D* is HD-lite... they seem to give most sports a full spigot, but movies, regular programming, and SD content seems to suffer greatly from bandwidth starvation.

many regulars here will try to tell you the problem doesn't exist, however.

I've had the same problem with WABC. Watching "Lost" last night was an exercise in patience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)