HBO: The News Room scheduled on ch.465?

Spam, Huh? I'll wait for a review from Kab before I trash mine.
Dan

I liked it. I never watched the first season and now wish I had, but will catch up on it when I get HBO/GO later in the year. All this spam nonsense...happens every time. Nobody ever opens their mailboxes anymore?

I just finished watching the first episode of "The Newsroom" which Dish recorded as a promotion for HBO.
I have America's Everything Pack but I had never watched the series. I enjoyed the episode and will probably watch the other episodes from season 1 using Block Buster On Demand. My only disappointment was that it was SD not HD. I will set up a timer in June to get the season 2 episodes in HD.

Yepp, recorded on mine too. Nice spam Dish. FYI, I already watched the first season and liked it, will watch the second. No need to annoy paying customers.

Yepp, recorded on mine too. Nice spam Dish. FYI, I already watched the first season and liked it, will watch the second. No need to annoy paying customers.

I feel the same way. I love the show btw.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Great writing as far as Im concerned, I laughed quite a bit last season.

Again, I agree completely. Great writing, casting, and story. The best was around the middle of the season when Sam W. went to the hospital to talk Will into continuing on. His rant is not suitable for here so I won't continue, but it was great. :D

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Spam happens all the time. I just usually don't do business with spammers. Unfortunately this is becoming a spammer.

I agree with all of the posters calling this Spam, including the banners that pop up sometimes.
Not to take this OT, but the TV watching experience is getting more and more aggravating as program providers and advertisers are trying to invade every aspect of that experience. I'm talking about the obnoxious promos that pop up in the middle of a show. And the are getting larger, more animated, and more annoying all the time. I see some channels actually starting to use this "technique" to show commercials during the show. And the latest is using an audio voice over ad during a show. I'm afraid that this is the future of TV,that we pay good money for, and it's only going to get worse.

I think they will most likely just go with subliminal advertising instead. That way it will not be seen by the conscious mind ,only the sub conscious. Then you will wonder why you will be attracted to the feminine hygiene section and want to buy tampons for no reason.;)

I agree with all of the posters calling this Spam, including the banners that pop up sometimes.
Not to take this OT, but the TV watching experience is getting more and more aggravating as program providers and advertisers are trying to invade every aspect of that experience. I'm talking about the obnoxious promos that pop up in the middle of a show. And the are getting larger, more animated, and more annoying all the time. I see some channels actually starting to use this "technique" to show commercials during the show. And the latest is using an audio voice over ad during a show. I'm afraid that this is the future of TV,that we pay good money for, and it's only going to get worse.

No kidding! And what's really, really disgusting...is that the premium channels (Starz, Showtime) have been guilty of this too! I don't blame people ditching cable/sat for strictly internet + a streaming device (like the Roku) one bit!

Saw this on all 3 of my DVRs tonight when I was looking for something I recorded last night. NOT happy. Do not record a 2 hour show on my DVR without my permission.

And it shows the state that HBO is in that they need to have a commercial when this spam starts mentioning a half price offer. 1) HBO your package is overpriced, and 2) HBO, your original programming is now horrible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)