Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
As many of you most likely already know, on channel 499 you can check to see if your current hook up is ready for the new HD roll out. Well I have the 5LNB dish, the new HD DVR and the newer non HD DVR reciever.

I am getting the searching for signal on the HDDVR which I read is what you want....But on the regular HD reciver I am not. I am just getting the channel banner?

Is anyone else having this issue with their non DVR HD recviers that should be ready for the HD rollout?

I am getting the searching for signal on the HDDVR which I read is what you want....But on the regular HD reciver I am not. I am just getting the channel banner?
Using the term "regular" to qualify what receiver you're talking about is not enough. You need to use model numbers (ie H10, HR10, H20, HR20).

It is likely that if your "regular HD reciver" is an H20, that it doesn't have the BBC installed. These devices must be installed at all MPEG4 receivers.

I have an H20 w/bbc, but I cannot even get to 499. I can get to 498 and 500, but it will not let me turn to 499. What am I doing wrong?

Channel 499 is compatible with the following receivers: HR20-700 and H20-600.

It will not work with the following receivers (yet): HR20-100 and H20-100.
Mine is a 600 and it still will not access 499. It probably will not make any differance in the long run. I know I have a 5lnb dish and a h20-600 and the bbc is connected so it ought to work when the new channels roll out. I hope anyway.

Channel 499 is compatible with the following receivers: HR20-700 and H20-600.

It will not work with the following receivers (yet): HR20-100 and H20-100.

Channel 499 IS compatable with the HR20-100.
Matter of fact it should be compatable with any trec. that handles MPEG 4 signals.

Jimbo

I have a 5-lnb dish and an HR20 700 with BBCs and get the 'Searching For Satellite Signal (771) 'message. (I guess this is what I am supposed to be getting at this point.

Also, DTV sent me another BBC for my H20 600 but it is not installed yet. However, I get the same 'Searching For Satellite Signal (771)' message on that one without the BBC. What's the deal? Maybe I don't need the BBC on the H20 600???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)