HD DVR Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

woljr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
1. Does D have an HD DVR comparable to Dish HD 622 ?
2. If not , What is available now ?
3. Would you advise purchasing what is available now or wait.
4. How long is the wait ??
5. Do you have to purchase a cifferent dish ?

Dish Network is not an option at this time.

1) No, D does not have an MPEG-4 capable HD DVR.
2) They have a HR10-250 which is an MPEG-2 capable HD-DVR
3) Depends if you can get locals with a regular antenna or not, and whether D is planning on rolling out locals via MPEG-4 in your area anytime soon. If you can get HD locals via OTA then the HR10-250 would be a good option. The website www.antennaweb.org can give you some good information.
4) An MPEG-4 HD DVR is not going to be available until this Fall at the earliest
5) The HR10-250 works with a Phase-III dish, while the upcoming MPEG-4 HD DVR (sometimes called the HR20) will require a KA/KU combo dish that has 5 lnbs in order to receive all programming.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I do receive all the locals OTA in HD.
I want to purchase the latest tech so I will not have to upgrade when more programing is available.
I will have to wait. The price at $399 is excessive with no option for rebates as DISH is presently offering for new customers.

You would think that D would be more loyal to their old customers( 3 years ).

You can call customer retention to see if you can get a better deal. I have heard of people getting a free HR10-250 with the purchase of Sunday Ticket.

It is belived that those with the HR10-250 will be upgraded to the HR20 at a low cost when the upgrade is available. Of course you will be on a lease deal at that point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts