HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Alright, with Flex disappointing a little without an avenue to NBCSN, I saw that Sling has NBCSN in the $25 base package.

But leaving Dish for SlingTV has issues, mainly OTA recording and a nearly full 2 TB EHD of programming. So running the numbers, doing Welcome Pack and the base pack with Sling and the movie add-on is $30. Welcome is $20. This means $30 less than Top 200.

I lose live extra, probably. I assume Dish will be less likely to give half off premiums as well in the future, but saving money so that can eat into that.

But I keep access to the EHD, ota recording, and access to a couple channels.

Is there a complication I'm not aware of? I have HD free for life, don't want to lose that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone posted a few posts ago the idea of a hybrid way to get the channels you want. There is no reason that can't be done. NBCSN aside would you get all or almost all the other channels you want? The downside would be most of the channels would coming from online, if that's a downside for you.

Someone posted a few posts ago the idea of a hybrid way to get the channels you want. There is no reason that can't be done. NBCSN aside would you get all or almost all the other channels you want?
Must haves are TCM, NBCSN, and Nick Jr. Just about all else is negotiable.
The downside would be most of the channels would coming from online, if that's a downside for you.
I think this would be fine. My concern was whether Welcome Pack had any debilitating restrictions on it, other than no Sports Pack.

Reactions: Tampa8
MY must hves are HGTV, History, USA, Hallmark Movies, Add USA to Welcome pack and I would be there with the Movie Pack added. Can you add the movie pack to the Welcome pack.

Reactions: brejust
MY must hves are HGTV, History, USA, Hallmark Movies, Add USA to Welcome pack and I would be there with the Movie Pack added. Can you add the movie pack to the Welcome pack.
The Flex pack has all those channels in it and more for $34.99 a month + $10.00 for locals if you need them.

Alright, with Flex disappointing a little without an avenue to NBCSN, I saw that Sling has NBCSN in the $25 base package.

But leaving Dish for SlingTV has issues, mainly OTA recording and a nearly full 2 TB EHD of programming. So running the numbers, doing Welcome Pack and the base pack with Sling and the movie add-on is $30. Welcome is $20. This means $30 less than Top 200.

I lose live extra, probably. I assume Dish will be less likely to give half off premiums as well in the future, but saving money so that can eat into that.

But I keep access to the EHD, ota recording, and access to a couple channels.

Is there a complication I'm not aware of? I have HD free for life, don't want to lose that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do the same. I have the Welcome Pack for $19.99, then the Hopper 3 DVR is $15, so $35 minimum bill. Then I pay the $20 (grandfathered) for Sling Blue plus $5 for Comedy Extra pack channels that gives me access to what I don't get on Dish that I like to see. Together it is $35 + 25 so $60 a month. It gives me access to Primetime Anytime recording and gives me the channels I don't get on Dish cheaper than going with the Top 200, and other rooms in the house can watch Sling on Roku without having to pay $7.00 for extra Joeys.

You should be able to add Movie Pack to the Welcome Pack. I am not sure about the Flex Pack. Movie Pack has Hallmark Movies & Mysteries as well as the Heartland Package.

I still wish Latino Bonus Pack could be added to the Welcome Pack since it can be added to the Smart Pack. However, no HGTV or History in it...Just want to get the Sirius XM channels really...guess I could just set up a radio at this rate

Reactions: pattykay and Tampa8
I agree with Mojo Jojo's suggestion about adding Heartland to get HMM, which would be cheaper than adding Dish Movie Pack if HMM is the only channel from that package that you want.

Heartland would be $6 per month compared to $10 per month for Dish Movie Pack.
You could get Dish Movie Pack for $5 per month for six months, but Heartland would be $3 per month for six months with the half-price deal.
If you ask, Dish might even let you get either Dish Movie Pack or Heartland (or both) for free for three months at a time.

I do the same. I have the Welcome Pack for $19.99, then the Hopper 3 DVR is $15, so $35 minimum bill. Then I pay the $20 (grandfathered) for Sling Blue plus $5 for Comedy Extra pack channels that gives me access to what I don't get on Dish that I like to see. Together it is $35 + 25 so $60 a month. It gives me access to Primetime Anytime recording and gives me the channels I don't get on Dish cheaper than going with the Top 200, and other rooms in the house can watch Sling on Roku without having to pay $7.00 for extra Joeys.
Based on SlingTV being mainly live, it really isn't going to work. My ability to watch sports live isn't too great, so I need to be able to catch it later. Maybe Vue would work (though Roku reviews haven't been great yet), but then the cost savings start to dwindle. Still around $300 a year, though.

I've got this also, National Geographic, but just in SD. So it's probably just a mistake.
Per a PM from Zach S. from DIRT: "This channel according to DISH documents (the free preview link I sent and my internal one), it is not in a Free Preview. I have reached out to programming and confirmed it is only available in the America's Top 120 and higher, it is not included in the Welcome Pack."

I hate to jinx it, but with all of the recent Tier Changes, I think FXX HD has been added to Welcome Pack. :bounce

I've got this also, National Geographic, but just in SD. So it's probably just a mistake.
So long, FXX and National Geographic. The free preview finally ended. I talked to my sister, who has Welcome Pack, and she confirmed that she is no longer getting these channels. :(

Has TAG HD been added to Welcome Pack? I checked my sister's receiver, and she is getting TAG (channel 278) with Welcome Pack. I know that TAG is not in free preview, because I am not getting that channel on my receiver with Flex Pack.

Has TAG HD been added to Welcome Pack? I checked my sister's receiver, and she is getting TAG (channel 278) with Welcome Pack. I know that TAG is not in free preview, because I am not getting that channel on my receiver with Flex Pack.

I'm on Welcome Pack and I see TAG HD.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts