Status
Please reply by conversation.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok,
I know this was discussed at some point.
I have had dish with HD for life on auto pay..
No issues its still there and active.

Direc is also on auto for sole purpose
of HD for life. I noticed its gone??
When did they pull this slight of hand? lol

At one point DirecTV offered HD for Life to new subscribers.
When current subs complained they then offered it for a 2 year period.
I'm not sure you can call and have it reinstated once the 2yrs is up.

When I had them I took auto pay off by accident. Then I added it back. Thought my hd for life was still on there. Got the bill and it there was a 10.00 charge. Called up and argued and said I'd go elsewhere. They have it back to me. That 10.00 hd charge is a nonsense charge anyways.

I have auto pay with HD free for life on Dish. I don't mind autopay but I think it's pretty ridiculous that both of these companies still have HD charges for anyone. It's 2013. HD is no longer some new luxury. How long are these providers going to treat it like a premium instead of the standard? I know 4K is still a LONG ways off for cable and satellite but it is here in some form now. It's time to let the $10 fee go and just treat HD as standard TV.

I have auto pay with HD free for life on Dish. I don't mind autopay but I think it's pretty ridiculous that both of these companies still have HD charges for anyone. It's 2013. HD is no longer some new luxury. How long are these providers going to treat it like a premium instead of the standard? I know 4K is still a LONG ways off for cable and satellite but it is here in some form now. It's time to let the $10 fee go and just treat HD as standard TV.

This is much the same as Sprint charging an extra $10 p/m for the right to have a 4G phone .... btw, you pay the fee whether your able to get 4G or not.

Sprint charges more for a 4G phone? I hadn't heard about that.

Ok,
I know this was discussed at some point.
I have had dish with HD for life on auto pay..
No issues its still there and active.

Direc is also on auto for sole purpose
of HD for life. I noticed its gone??
When did they pull this slight of hand? lol

You'll need to call them up and argue the point - that you should still have HD as long as you stay on auto-pay. I had the same problem along with issues after they acknowledged it was an error. The discount kept falling off.....I've had to follow up every month for the last 6 months to get it applied. It finally applied automatically this last billing cycle.....hope it continues for the next one.

I just hope your experience doesn't mirror mine.....if so, you've got a long, drawn out battle in front of you.

Best of luck getting it reinstated (as it should be)!

I'm one of those Directv free HD for life customers. I'm just wondering if they can find a way around it. Because I don't have any proof that its for life. Doesn't say for life on the bill either. When I call in they say its for life. Contract never said it was for life.

Is there a way I could find proof?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sprint charges more for a 4G phone? I hadn't heard about that.

Yup, an addl. $10 p/m for 4G, but now that say it's for the larger bandwidth usage, but thats not what they said originally.

That said, they are still cheaper than most other packages covering the same stuff.

I'm one of those Directv free HD for life customers. I'm just wondering if they can find a way around it. Because I don't have any proof that its for life. Doesn't say for life on the bill either. When I call in they say its for life. Contract never said it was for life.

Is there a way I could find proof?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I would look to find a copy of the package deal that you signed up for originally and see what it says.

You'll need to call them up and argue the point - that you should still have HD as long as you stay on auto-pay. I had the same problem along with issues after they acknowledged it was an error. The discount kept falling off.....I've had to follow up every month for the last 6 months to get it applied. It finally applied automatically this last billing cycle.....hope it continues for the next one.

I just hope your experience doesn't mirror mine.....if so, you've got a long, drawn out battle in front of you.

Best of luck getting it reinstated (as it should be)!

I called them. They said its 24 months not HD
For life???
So mine expired even though I've always been
On auto pay.
Just more double talk from Direc tv.
Oh, they did give me a discount on my NFL ticket. 50 bucks off. Ok that's something but
It's still not right???

Guys, what's wrong with this company???

The only "free hd for life" Directv customers are the ones that signed up as new customers shortly after Dish started their own free for life campaign. All others were only for two years. Directv has extended many of those when asked, or they issued credits to compensate.

I signed in August 2010 during the HD free for life promo. On my bill by the credit line it actually says HD Free for Life with Auto Bill Pay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)