HD local network

I got two dish, one is 500+, not sure about the other one.

Also, how can I tell whether my locals in aiming at 129.

If it is the receiver, I don't mind paying the s/h to get it exchange. Just want something on HD without any big hassle like installation.

Do what is suggested in post #20. Depending on where you live, select either the eastern or western arc then use your browsers Find function and search for one of your local tv stations. When you find one, check if it says HD or SD. The sat you want to be able to tune to will be the one that has the station in HD.

Why do you think installation is a hassle. The tech comes in, installs the dish, runs the wires if needed then will set up your receiver. Will make sure your receiving everything you should.

I don't think Rochester NY HD locals are available thru Dish (source: Echostar knowledge base).

You may be able to get them through a Dish HD receiver with an antenna.

No change in your dish will be needed unless you want other programming in HD from Dish.

If this is the case, you may be better off just adding an antenna to your HDTV.

Since the FCC has required Dish to carry all HD locals in DMA's where they carry any locals plus the PBS mandate, Dish has not added many HD LOCAL DMA's to their arsenal lately, transponder spotbeam sparcity.

what locals do you sub to?

San Francisco, Bay Area

I check the section and 10 HD channels (including the local NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC) in 119°W, only 3 PBS local in 129 W and all SD channels in 110°W. My dish do get the 119-110 signal.

Will this work without an HD dish? Any suggestions???

If this will work, I will only be losing 3 PBS channels on HD.

San Francisco, Bay Area

I check the section and 10 HD channels (including the local NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC) in 119°W, only 3 PBS local in 129 W and all SD channels in 110°W. My dish do get the 119-110 signal.

Yes it will work, for now. All the HD and SD channels are on 110/119 with the exception of the PBS channels which are on 129. Now, if Dish decides to move anything now on 110 or 119 over to 129, you are shafted. It is always best to get the Western Arc dish whether you are SD or HD. Western Arc doesn't just mean HD....

San Francisco, Bay Area

yes it will work fine. Those 3 PBS stations will only be in SD since you dont see 129 but other HD nets will show fine

Thanks for all your help. Just one more question, do I still need to pay any HD fee for only a HD receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)