Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
Hello,

I presently use two 36in dishes for my Ku Satellite System. One of those is on a motor. I was wondering if it would be worth the money to purchase a new (FTA HD Receiver). In reading some of the posts, there are not to many HD for the Ku side. I don't really want to go any bigger on my dishes. Also, I am one that lost the Montana PBS cause of the DVS-S2 change. Any imput from others would help in deciding which way to go if I uppgrade. Thank you!

Hello,

I presently use two 36in dishes for my Ku Satellite System. One of those is on a motor. I was wondering if it would be worth the money to purchase a new (FTA HD Receiver). In reading some of the posts, there are not to many HD for the Ku side. I don't really want to go any bigger on my dishes. Also, I am one that lost the Montana PBS cause of the DVS-S2 change. Any imput from others would help in deciding which way to go if I uppgrade. Thank you!

It's not that "there are not to many HD for the Ku side", it's mainly that the HD on the Ku side is generally not 24/7 channels, but instead it's either feeds of one kind or another or programming that temporarily goes FTA. So if you're interested in just storing a channel and expecting to go to that channel and watch programming any time of day or week, then maybe not so much HD on Ku. However many of the HD channels and/or feeds on Ku are let's say very high quality (relative to content, not video quality) programming. So my opinion is that you're missing a lot without HD whether on C or Ku.

It's not that "there are not to many HD for the Ku side", it's mainly that the HD on the Ku side is generally not 24/7 channels, but instead it's either feeds of one kind or another or programming that temporarily goes FTA. So if you're interested in just storing a channel and expecting to go to that channel and watch programming any time of day or week, then maybe not so much HD on Ku. However many of the HD channels and/or feeds on Ku are let's say very high quality (relative to content, not video quality) programming. So my opinion is that you're missing a lot without HD whether on C or Ku.

Very well put!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)