HD pixelation on playback with HR10-250.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kbohip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
Colorado Springs
I was watching "Prison Break" last night in HD and had a ton of pixelation and audio dropouts. This is with an OTA signal. The signal was in the 70's. Is this just too low for a reliable signal? I went back up on the roof tonight, flashlight in hand, cordless phone with wife on the other end watching signal (neighbors must think I've totally lost it) and readjusted the antenna. Anyway I've got Fox back up to 90-92, but to do that I had to drop CBS down to the low 80's. I Tivo'd Letterman tonight in HD and it was perfect. No dropouts or pixelation.

I'm assuming this was just a case of a low signal, although I wouldn't have thought being in the 70's was too low. I'm hoping this isn't the sign of something more serious.

To put your mind at ease I've had this problem a few times myself. I've repeaked my ant and all has been well.

I agree with you that 70 really isn't all that low. My FOX OTA was typically in the 75 range and I would have the occasional drop out too. I assumed there must have been something happening closer to the broadcast antenna that caused the problem.

Also don't rule out the broadcaster. There are plenty of times that local station is the cause of problems. Heck remember those "Technical difficulites, please stand by" screens we used to see?

Well, after doing thorough testing (tough job but someone has to do it) on my OTA HD channels, I have to say the other night was just due to a bad signal. Every HD OTA show I've recorded since then has been 100% perfect. I did readjust the antenna though to boost my reception with Fox.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Question about opening new account with D*

D* HD receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts