Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chado

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 11, 2005
Orlando, FL
A buddy of mine currently has a Dual LNB dish with two lines coming into his TownHome. The lines go through a multiswitch inside the house so that two lines go into his SD Tivo and a third line goes into a standard SD receiver.

He is looking to upgrade to HD, so I was wondering if it is possible to have the same set up with an AT9 dish (for HD LIL) with two lines coming in and going through the multiswitch inside with 2 lines still going to his SD Tivo and the third line going into an H20.

Is this possible? Would he need to swap out his multiswitch b/c of the new dish?

Thanks

Chado

The AT9 dish that they will install has four outputs. If that is all he needs, he will not need an external switch.

Normally they put in a Zinwell WB68 6X8 switch if needed.

HD will not pass through a 3x4 multi switch. You will have problems with the HD and HD locals if it is installed this way. Instead, run a third line and eliminate the switch all together. AT-9 has four outputs off the built in multi switch which passes all signals from all 5LNBs. 6x8 multi switch is only used for more than 4 lines total and must have 4 inputs from the dish to work properly.

Chado,
To clearify the answer (I hope)
As robe6089 mentioned the AT-9 has a multiswitch built into it, which seems to make sense, and has 4 outputs, therefore you will not need the multiswitch you are currently using, it would not work for the AT-9 anyway.
You are going to want to run 2 lines to your Standard TIVO and one to the H-20 receiver.
Everyone was giving you correct info, just on various posts

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)