HDMI Scam

The only difference I've learned about HDMI cables is not to get the stiff ones. They won't stay seated in the sockets.

HDMI

Anyone who spends more than $10 for a standard length HDMI cable is wasting their money. If you do indeed feel like spending upwards of $150 for a cable, go to www.monoprice.com, purchase a $5 cable, and then send me the rest of the money. I assure you that I will put it to good use, and you can brag to your friends that you spent $150 for your HDMI. :D

Some of us have known this for years. But, there are people out there that will swear they can see and hear a difference between a $100 cable and a $10 cable. I think they're just trying to justify to themselves, spending that much on cables. Makes them feel better about themselves, I guess.

I've gotten them for around $3 each shipped from ebay and they work just fine. Expensive HDMI cables are a waste of money.

I run my own audio/video installation company and I agree with everyone on here about how these are so over priced etc etc etc.. When I bid jobs, I tell the customer my opinions on hdmi, 8 out of 10 will agree with me and buy the cheap ones, but there will be some that want "MONSTER" which no big deal to me, as I make a ton of profit on those. The mark-up on HDMI's are insane! This is from my supplier on a Monster 25ft HDMI:

Dealer Cost: $79.99
MSRP: $279.99

So when customer INSIST on Monster, well ok, easy $200 profit.. People are brainwashed by these things! I have 2 good ol 25ft hdmi's on my system at home that I bought off amazone for $19 for both, very happy..

I just buy them off ebay. The shipping is usually fast and every time I need to buy one it adds to my feedback, so it's cool.

Anyone who spends more than $10 for a standard length HDMI cable is wasting their money. If you do indeed feel like spending upwards of $150 for a cable, go to www.monoprice.com, purchase a $5 cable, and then send me the rest of the money. I assure you that I will put it to good use, and you can brag to your friends that you spent $150 for your HDMI. :D
Buy all of my cables from monoprice.

Was looking through Best Buy yesterday at DVI/HDMI cables for my grandparents new computer (computer has a HDMI video slot and the monitor is DVI). The least expensive one was close to $50. Same quality and longer cable on monoprice was around $4.

A new scam

I live in Cincinnati and in the Sunday paper a few weeks ago one of the BIG box stores here wanted over $100.00 to program a Harmony remote control!
That is one, if not the, worst ripoffs as I have seen ever.

tigerfan33 said:
Prime member here.
I'll let you figure the S&H.:)

I've never seen any of the super cheap (less than $1) available for prime. They always have a $2-3 shipping charge. Which makes them basically the same price as monoprice...

You can call me crazy if you want, but better HDMI cable give better picture and sound. The funny thing is it actually makes a bigger difference in sound! I've compared many HDMI cables and while a better cable does infact improve picture quality, very few can see it. I calibrate(ISF) for a living and can see very small improvements. However the improvements, at reasonable viewing distances is not worth the extra money on HDMI. The reason I buy better cables is for AUDIO. Most high end audio now goes through the HDMI to your receiver. These high bitrate tracks NEED every advantage they can get. Yes HDMI is all digital it is 1s and 0s, BUT you do not get ALL the 1s and 0s that is why EVERY SINGLE hdmi component has an interpolation circuit that "fills in" the missing bits. Cheaper cables will lose more bits to be missed requiring interpolating(guessing) what comes in next. If you don't use extrernal audio equipment, then I say why bother with super expensive cables. However if you have external amps and receivers that you are using, buy the good stuff. It makes a big difference. Buy one and play some decent music and compare small clips of your cds with a cheap cable and a better shielded/better material cable. You can notice the "space" opens up and the highs especially become clearer.

If you have to calibrate for a living to see the advantages of a $150 Monster cable compared to
a $5 from monoprice, it is the best proof it is a scam for the 99.99% of users...

Diogen.

I'm glad that some one mentioned monoprice before I bought 5 of them. Saved a lot. Thanks again to the members of Satellitteguys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts