HDMI streaking...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
The other day, when watching TV, I noticed these weird streaks going from the bottom of the screen to the top. They're kinda subtle, but annoying. It is most noticeable when the screen is mostly one color (football field, ocean, etc.). I now see it a lot. My set up is this:

HR24-500 w/AM21 HDMI > Denon HDMI > TV HDMI
HR24-500 w/AM21 Component > TV Component. (I usually only use this when I am listening to music from my computer or some other source but still want the HD picture from Directv. You can't keep an HD picture in the background of the Denon's AUX input.)

I tried to connect the HDMI directly to the TV and still saw streaking.
I skipped back and watched it again to see if the streaks where there not-live. They are.
I then watched the same thing AGAIN through the component. NO STREAKING. Is my receiver dying? I guess I can deal with component (and still use the HDMI for DD audio) but what about when I want to rent a PPV movie in 1080p?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sadly, after doing both of those things, it did not change anything. I swapped the HDMI from the BluRay and HR24. No streaking on BluRay and still streaking on the HR24.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can humidty cause signal loss?

Anyway to manage recordings remotely on a HR34?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)