HDMI Switcher Questions

I wanted a switcher that would also switch optical audio and so i purhcased the psyclone swicther Psyclone - HDMI Switcher
It has a remote but i am using my Harmony remote to control it too. Works without a hitch and very easy to set up. It was expensive relative to what you are looking and if you dont need Optical Audio would be obverkill. It doesnt have an equalizer
Here's the dicussion where there is another solution like this
http://www.satelliteguys.us/home-theater-accessories/115234-hdmi-switch-toslink.html

Am I giving up PQ to accomodate more HDMI options? My set is 62".

I do like what I see on your Psyclone. I don't want another adjustment to make..i.e. gain. I would like something right out of the box to turn on and leave be. It's PS3 friendly too.

I have a BB gift card that could knock off $75 so, the price is not a problem. My local BB does not have one in stock, so I'll have to order it on line.

I guess that brings me back to PQ again. One of reviews on the Pysclone said it's a problem on bigger screens.

Last edited:
I will only say this on Monoprice switches.... I tried 2 of them and had numerous problems with them. Had numerous problems with AV sync, audio drops, video drops etc. I love monoprice for cables, but Monoprice was very quick to state that I could not return the switches (even though it was only 1 week since I received the packages).

I ended up getting a switch from ebay that works teriffic and for 1/2 the price of monprice wanted for the 4x1 and 5x1 models.

I think if monoprice works, that's great, they're good switches, but if you have problems, I hope you have better luck getting the items returned.

I ended up getting a switch from ebay that works teriffic and for 1/2 the price of monprice wanted for the 4x1 and 5x1 models.

I think if monoprice works, that's great, they're good switches, but if you have problems, I hope you have better luck getting the items returned.

What the brand name on the switcher you got on ebay?

This is similar to the one I got. There is no brand name on mine, but it's white like this one. Works with my PS3, HD-A2, Pansat 9200 all fed into my Onkyo 604.

I have also used a Samsung 1400, and Dish 622 with it with no issues and no loss in quality
Edit:

It helps if I actually put the link in
Premium 3 Port HDMI Amplifier Switch Switcher Selector - eBay (item 180204199618 end time Jan-07-08 21:25:42 PST)

Here is the exact one a friend has and has no complaints at all.
3 Port HDMI Switch Switcher Selector 1.3v + Free Cable - eBay (item 300188510753 end time Jan-07-08 23:21:54 PST)

I see prices on ebay are up a bit and again, I'm not saying monoprice switches are bad, I just had a couple issues and my complaint was with their lack of return support.

I'd try it, make an offer for $10 or so below asking price and see what happens. Based on his ad at the bottom, he's got a ton of them to sell so I bet he'll deal.

Btw, the ones I linked to both work with my harmony (but they should, since I had the source remote for programming)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts