HDMI vs. Component Vid

MikeDude

Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Before I spend the $150 bucks on an HDMI cable, is it really that much better than Component Video? Recently bought the Sharp Aquos which has both connections. Fixin to connect to Cable HD DVR that has both.

Thanks, Mike

HDMI should look better than component video. The basic idea is that the signal stays digital longer. When I went from component to DVI there was a difference. On top of that HDMI includes the audio connections as well so you can lose some cables.

$150 sounds way too much for a cable though. You really should shop around before you buy it.

Yeah, you can buy comparable cables to the monster ones at monoprice.com..
Just do a search on HDMI cables on Ebay and then look for the seller monoprice.com.. It has been my experience that they have cheaper rates for their cables on/through ebay than if you went directly to their website.. Less than $50 is normal, even less...

Thanks for the info. The $150 was at Circuit City and that seemed to be the going price in Monster and their cheaper price cables. Typical when something new comes out they have the price jacked way up there. Thanks again! Mike

Monoprice is the whip for cables. If you're not entirly happy with HDMI try component, I've seen it go both ways.

I dont have the links but I read there really is no difference in cable quality. So go with monoprice and you will be very happy. Remember digitial is digital. Its hard to justify price premiums with the passing of 1's and 0's over cables. They all do the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)