HDTV Tuners

The Coby DTV-140 is a new cheap receiver.
So far in the latest in technology race PrimeDTV Technologies PHD-205 and the Samsung DTB-H260F are duking it out using the ATI Xilleon 240 chip see:

http://epvision.com/Documents/HDSTB_Product_compare.pdf

Everything is really slow from other 8-VSB chip makers after ATI released the Xilleon 240 chip thats A/74 8-VSB demodulation compliant. Must have blew the other development teams minds (they need to catch up). he he

Myself I would be satisfied with an old cheap Voom or DirecTV receiver from an auction web site.
I shop by video outputs first. Receiver must have DVI or HDMI then I shop for the cheapest price. Only component video HD not what I would want (oldest technology).

Last edited:
I have the DTB-H260F and it also has a nice programming guide. You need to tune to the channel and it pulls the guide info from the channel. I have my favorites setup as the main .1 channels, flip thru them quickly to start with. Then the guide is populated, and is quick to browse thru. Also, leave the box on, as turning off the box deletes the guide data. Locally, you usually get 12 hours of data, but some channels have 24 hours or 5 days worth of data.

That Coby model is cheap, but nobody seems to know anything about it.

Receivers

Ever heard of a hisense db-2010 (us digital service box)
They have a really nice pip guide and have a strong tuner that pulls in signals well. Ck on ebay for examples - good prices also. Very good as a 2nd tuner/backup or to update a standard tv w/o atsc tuner.
no hdmi tho. Ck it out and tell us what u think about them.

tonare1

That coby unit, priced at under $100 is about as cheap as I have ever seen a tuner for.

The myth that there will be a tuner for under $50 by 2009 is just that, a myth, as far as I can see.

For HD maybe but DigitalStream has announced a rebate compliant SD output only tuner for $69 and is supposed to be out in January, add in the $40 rebate and it gets fairly cheap.

Ever heard of a hisense db-2010 (us digital service box)
They have a really nice pip guide and have a strong tuner that pulls in signals well. Ck on ebay for examples - good prices also. Very good as a 2nd tuner/backup or to update a standard tv w/o atsc tuner.
no hdmi tho. Ck it out and tell us what u think about them.

tonare1

I have these in stock! a+ product! you will not be dissapointed. composite out, component out, digital audio, usb, s-video out, right /left audio out, remote control, global scan and channel freq scan!! $50 fob, used. The best I've seen yet!! restart on channel after a power cycle for you "mdu" guys!!

I have the GS 1100 antenna, works great fr digital tv, $16 each fob,new

I have these in stock! a+ product! you will not be dissapointed. composite out, component out, digital audio, usb, s-video out, right /left audio out, remote control, global scan and channel freq scan!! $50 fob, used. The best I've seen yet!! restart on channel after a power cycle for you "mdu" guys!!

Do all outputs pass the signal at once.. If you're using the OTA tuner does the antenna signal still pass through to your TV.. Can the manual be downloaded on-line..

What is fob..

Thanks, Brent

Do all outputs pass the signal at once..(no, 1 composite and 4 hdtv settings, menu selectable) If you're using the OTA tuner does the antenna signal still pass through to your TV, (no, use a splitter, you'll need it! I use a 6 antenuator to lower the signal, the tuner is very low threshold! ) .. Can the manual be downloaded on-line.. (not by me, more fun....NO BOOK! you get to "ride all the rides" with no book!!)
What is fob.. "freight on buyer, fob)

Thanks, Brent

Is this a for sale forum now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKP View Post
Do all outputs pass the signal at once..(no, 1 composite and 4 hdtv settings, menu selectable) If you're using the OTA tuner does the antenna signal still pass through to your TV, (no, use a splitter, you'll need it! I use a 6 antenuator to lower the signal, the tuner is very low threshold! ) .. Can the manual be downloaded on-line.. (not by me, more fun....NO BOOK! you get to "ride all the rides" with no book!!)
What is fob.. "freight on buyer, fob)

No manual? Company out of business? No support? No warranty? Seller trolls forums to sell them? What could be more fun? :D

BTW, "FOB" mean "freight on board" or simply "plus delivery charges." Not sure where you got your definition, but check again.

No manual? Company out of business? No support? No warranty? Seller trolls forums to sell them? What could be more fun? :D

BTW, "FOB" mean "freight on board" or simply "plus delivery charges." Not sure where you got your definition, but check again.

sorry you feel that way. These are Hisense 2010's and they aren't 169 each. If you want a new one, fresh, never been opened, just ask, then you'll have the $119 book to go with it! Anybody that thinks you need the book to enjoy this product, don't order....I was in the grain elevator business 10 years, "freight on buyer" was a standard term we used everyday. I do that to indicate I make nothing on the freight unlike most that charge 14.95 flat rate. I understand since your world is different and your always correct, you believe I must be wrong... I just thought a few of the sat guys might enjoy a cheap little device that was almost $200 new...

I have the hisense HD box. I bought it new off of ebay new for $69 plus free del.

It does a nice job of receiving the singles but the box reduces the volume of the TV, I have to turn the volume of both the TV and the HD box on full just to hear it. The TV with out the box is fine, lots of volume.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts