help a noob! trying to get sat 110 to work

crafty199

Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
I am a complete satellite novice. I have a KVH Trac Vision R4 Dish on my RV. I have no problem getting Sat 119, but can not get 110 to come in. The cables seem to be properly attached and nothing is loose. Any ideas from the experts on what to do? I have run check switch tests and only the 119 shows. The Sat. 2 is x'ed out. Any help will be appreciated

Track vision can only see one satellite at a time and they are set to get the 119. you will never "see" more than one satellite at a time with a trac vision. They are made for mobile use not stationary.

Track vision can only see one satellite at a time and they are set to get the 119. you will never "see" more than one satellite at a time with a trac vision. They are made for mobile use not stationary.

That's what I was getting at but wasn't familiar with the RV technology.....

In order to see two Satellites without moving your Dish, you need a Dish 500 (yours is probably a 300) with a Twin LNB.

Not really sure

TracVision R4 and R5 systems are designed to automatically switch between 2 satellites. For Dish the directions say to check switch, wait 15 minutes for initall set-up and then recheck the switch. On mine that never seemed to work so I had to hook a computer to the maintenance port and specify the 110 and 119 satellites. Now it seems something has changed with 110 and needs to be reconfigured for the KVH. There's another KVH tracking parameters thread on this forum recently that specifies those parameters...although I don't think the parameters are totally correct so have responded to that post. I intend to try modifying the parameters on my system tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)