HELP! Can I "move" from Auburn to Birmingham

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
Of course, it has been working fine all day, but is going out now. I mean its only the prime time programming part that I would trade for the rest of the day. Urghh. Must be something about night time for some reason.

Birmingham locals are on a spotbeam on 119...very large one at that. I can even get it from my location. They also have them spotbeamed on 61.5, which I can not see. Sometimes the receiver will pull them from 119 and then sometimes 61.5. You can not force it to use 119 without removing 61.5. When it is pulling from 61.5 you will see that slate up about the channels not working.

When the slate is up go to the point dish screen and see what satellite and transponder it is sitting on for the HD locals. I bet there isn't any signal strength.

aubowen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 22, 2007
It does pull of 119. Works all day long, have a feeling it is about to go again before long, the signal is dowin to the teens. I am still about a hundred times better off than I was a few days ago, its cheaper, clearer (even when HD is down), I can DVR everything, and I have HD most of the time (standard works all the time.) It is frustrating that the time when HD is down would be prime time tv time, but I am still thrilled.

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
Good luck trying to get locals with an OTA. You may have better luck with an antenna being closer. I am in Eufaula. for me WRBL and WTVM signals are awesome. WXTX and WLTZ signals are a total joke. I am hoping for a little signal boost after the transition. As I doubt either satellite carrier will ever carry the Columbus DMA.

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
Possible solution ???

IF you have a wing dish pointed at 61.5

IF you have a line-of-sight to the 129

MAYBE after the new sat is up swing the 61.5 dish over to 129 for your HD, that way the 61.5 won't interfere with your locals on 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)