Help!! Recording ?'s and Timers

I had problems also getting the local guide updated when I installed this weekend. I called tech support and they told me to plug my receiver into a different socket on my surge supressor. If that didn't work they suggested plugging into the wall outlet directly.

I wisely ignored the advice and did a search to find this thread. Bottom line I did a check switch function. That forced another download of the guide and this time the locals showed up.

It's kind of disheartning since when I first got Dish 5 years ago, the tech folks really seemed to understand the products. Obviously the unplugging of the receiver advice really was causing a reset which ultimately forced a download of the guide also. It's just strange when they try to blame it on your surge protector.

Jack

jcanavera said:
I had problems also getting the local guide updated when I installed this weekend. I called tech support and they told me to plug my receiver into a different socket on my surge supressor. If that didn't work they suggested plugging into the wall outlet directly.
Jack
Now that's funny. :D
Usually it's the dumb things said by the customer that the support reps. make fun of. With Dish it's the customers who make fun of the dumb things the support people say. LOL :D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)