Help Wanted

Job

These jobs pop up alot for Monee..... I keep sending my resume in, but no calls... I sometimes think they just put them out there to see what kind of responce they get. Also, if this is true and is an actual job, then we know someone got fired over the 119 deal.

Nah.....it means the person couldn't do the job, so they promoted him/her. :eek:

We could start looking at jobs that Dish / Direct are posting to get an idea of what they are planning if they have a good enough job description.

Using AutoCAD to lay out equipment racks? Unless they're running something inflexible like waveguides or coolant to them, that seems like serious overkill.

Using AutoCAD to lay out equipment racks? Unless they're running something inflexible like waveguides or coolant to them, that seems like serious overkill.

It may seem like it, but with the thousands of miles of cable they have, they no doubt want perfect records, and CAD drawings would be of great help.

Test

When I applied for an eng job (no goaliebob not an sng job) there I had to take a test. Just wonder what the f'n test would be like for this position? They also gave a time limit in which to complete the test & get back to them via email. It was 1 L of a test too. I'm doubtful that this is due to the problem w/119 though. Have a feeling the one of the Senior Engs retired or was hired out from under them.

It may seem like it, but with the thousands of miles of cable they have, they no doubt want perfect records, and CAD drawings would be of great help.

You bet. Having worked for a medium sized ISP that did NOT have good records, it's a royal pain. You really do need to know where EVERY cable and piece of equipment is, and what's connected to what, and where.

These jobs pop up alot for Monee..... I keep sending my resume in, but no calls... I sometimes think they just put them out there to see what kind of responce they get. Also, if this is true and is an actual job, then we know someone got fired over the 119 deal.

This one has been up for over 3 years! https://echocareersearch.echostar.c...IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&p_svid=7350&p_spid=358050
I was hired at Echostar HQ years ago and on my way out the door after the final interview, my new boss said that he wasn't sure how was going to fit me in. I never got a full explanation, but did get a pay check for 6 months and never had to show up. Thank God, I landed a far better job while waiting to "be fit in".

When I applied for an eng job (no goaliebob not an sng job) there I had to take a test. Just wonder what the f'n test would be like for this position? They also gave a time limit in which to complete the test & get back to them via email. It was 1 L of a test too. I'm doubtful that this is due to the problem w/119 though. Have a feeling the one of the Senior Engs retired or was hired out from under them.

or just got tired of charlies crap and said the hell with this company

Anytime you are engineering equipment racks full of equipment you should be laying out everything in ACad.. Keep track of all the equipment in the racks as well as all the connections.. Absolutely essential. 2 sets to plans: Physical layout as well as a logical wiremap. That is called engineering. Otherwise you are just rigging it..

Give that man the cupie doll

Anytime you are engineering equipment racks full of equipment you should be laying out everything in ACad.. Keep track of all the equipment in the racks as well as all the connections.. Absolutely essential. 2 sets to plans: Physical layout as well as a logical wiremap. That is called engineering. Otherwise you are just rigging it..

Exactly, at a TV station I worked at a few yrs ago there was no schematic at all and you want to talk about a mess. One of the guys that had run the cables had put the info on masking tape. Not a good idea. Since it gets brittle and the adhesive breaks down. It was always falling off and we would have to retrace then label w/ a good label maker. The new CE after he got there was working on a chart of where things went in the racks for future use. Then I was pretty much turned into the IT guy for the place and lost track of if he ever finished the wiring chart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)