Help with parents hoppers and internet

fishman316

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
michigan
My parents have 2 HWS and a joey. The hopper in the living room is connected to the internet via wifi. The hopper in the bedroom and the joey in the spare room are linked together and are not connected to the internet. How do they connect that hopper and joey to the internet via wifi so that they can watch netflix, etc. when they go to the broadband page under menu settings and scan for wireless networks it says none available. like i previously stated the hopper in the living room is connected via wifi. Do they have to do something with bridging on one of the hoppers? I thought the HWS had built in wifi. My hoppers at my home are connected via ethernet so i havent messed around with the wifi settings before. Any help would be appreciated. Trying to direct my senior citizen parents over the phone is an adventure in itself.

I had them do that. It disconnected that hws from the internet. As soon as they disabled bridging it reconnected to the internet.

That's... strange. bridging just shares the IP connectivity from the first Hopper to any Hopper or Joey that is connected. Try resetting the whole system (unplug them all for 15 seconds) and try again

Yes. Enabled bridging on the hopper that is connected to the internet via wifi. As soon as they do, it disconnects. I will have to have them try resetting everything

It won't disconnect if Internet is going to the Hopper, whether bridging is enabled or disabled.

I agree with Chad, something tells me your at the wrong hopper.

It's simple.
Can you access Netflix on this hopper that's connected WiFi?

I'm not a fan of Wifi, I have ethernet running to my Hopper with sling, and Bridging is Enabled without issues.
My other Hoppers Bridging is Disabled.
Make sure that 2nd Hopper is disabled as well, as Maybe they are both trying to connect WiFi.

If at the hopper that is connected, go to menu>settings>network setup> tests> test and see what the download speed is.

Try turning off Bridging on the Hopper that isn't connected to the internet and on for the one that is. Every time we have a firmware update both of my Hoppers get it turned on and I have random problems until I turn it off on the non-internet Hopper.

At my parents now. Hopper #1 is connected with wireless. Bridging enabled.
Hopper #2 is not connected. It has moca in the network setup screen and bridging is disabled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)