OTHER help with technicial problem tuning

VirginiaInstaller

Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
virginia
Hi guys, need some help from knowledgeable people.

Neighbor swears his painter smacked his dish out of alignment. Im am a satellite tech....but thjs issue stumps me.

Its a large over the air, international dish...hes arabic.

I took my dirdog and tried to see what satellite he was close to / on.

The dish looked tight....not like it has been smacked and moved.....tried the push pull test...no dofference on the signal str on the reciever.

So I tried to buy a replacement lnb, it did not help or change the signal.

Im thinking its reciever, but neighbor swears its been moved.

How do I know what satellite hes supposed to be on? Galaxy 9?

Im trying to see if hes choosing the right option...and that the dish is tuned.

Thanks guys.

Welcome to the site!
It is most likely pointed to 97W.
You need to put that in your birdog if it is not in there. Was the LNBF you replaced a Linear LNBF? Make sure to check all connections. Could be a coax problem. Any idea what brand and model the receiver was? Check to make sure there is voltage being fed to the LNBF.

Welcome to the site!
It is most likely pointed to 97W.
You need to put that in your birdog if it is not in there. Was the LNBF you replaced a Linear LNBF? Make sure to check all connections. Could be a coax problem. Any idea what brand and model the receiver was? Check to make sure there is voltage being fed to the LNBF.
I will check what brand It is..... the cabling tones back when I put my toner on it....thanks for the reply, I will check more tomorrow. I bought a universal ku band lnbf

OK if he was using a Standard and not a Universal you will have to go into the satellite/antenna setup in the receiver and change the LO to 10600.
Standard=10750
Universal=10600

Ok so the lnb I got should work, I just need to chsnge some of the settings....ok going over tomorrow to try this again, appreciate it guys.

97 west is called what? In the birdog drop down lost. I have a ultra so I am looking to load that sat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)