HELP!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Everything just came from the cabin, and it all worked up there. The lnb is brand new. I ordered it t from Amazon and put it into a slimline dish

Then it's most likely that you aren't pointed at the 101 satellite yet. It can take some patience to get it the first time.

Which error exactly are you getting right now? 775 or 771. If you are getting 775 that needs to be fix first before you can fix 771.

I'm getting the775

Attachments

• 1448121696195.jpg
    1448121696195.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 115
Until you fix the 775 issue, nothing else is relevant.
The 775 could be caused by almost anything because it indicates the receiver is not seeing the SWM LNB. If you think the various pieces have been working, check all the cables/connectors, that's where the problem's most likely to be..

Sweeping the dish does nothing as that deals with 771 and NOT 775. You need to make sure power is getting to the LNB from the PI and tat the receiver is seeing the LNB.

Are the coax cables being used pre-wired in the wall? Are you able to see the entire cable from point A to point B?

Tony,
To do a test, run a fresh coax from the Dish to the PI and then to the recvr and plug in the PI then the recvr and see if you get that same error.

Yes, forget about sweeping the dish. If the connection from the receiver to the LNB is not working, everything else is irrelevant.

How long is the run from the power inserter to the dish?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Tony1981!

First off, what's the resistor for? You don't need it. Second, how are you pointing the dish? Did you set the elevation and skew and determine the correct azimuth? Did you check to be sure the mast is plumb?
He used it to check for continuity..It's a nice little installer trick

I have all new rg6 quad shield, still getting "cannot detect swm" could it be the lnb
Could be a bad run of cable. I have actaully has this happen to me. Just a bad run of cable in a 1000' spool...
One more thing. Remove the fittings from each connection point. Look to see if in any of the connectors the stranding is touching the conductor. This will cause a short in the cable and render it unable to carry signal.
If so, remove the strand touching the conductor.

I have all new rg6 quad shield, still getting "cannot detect swm" could it be the lnb
Yes. That is possible. A bad LNB will even leave experienced techs scratching theit head because they cannot or will not allow themselves to believe a new LNB out of the box can be bad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)