Here is my SILVER & BLACK 2009 winning schedule

...What is funny is that I have never rooted for leagues, conferences, divisions in ANY sport except the AFC West.... it you to be THE toughest division in the entire NFL....I HATE Denver, KC and San Diego....but it is no fun TO ME when the teams you hate, suck!

How does Denver SUCK this year?

Except for the fact that we have McDaniels and you have Cable (and Al Davis)????

No it does not...But the Jets, SD, Dallas are very beatable. ALSO, there is KC and Washington. MOST LEGIT Raider fans knew they had little chance of going to the playoffs....but let's face it....after the Dolphins "worst to first" magic trick last year, it has EVERYONE and ANYONE saying...."why not my team?"

Because your team is the Raiders. ;)

I agree, it's been more sad than funny in Oakland for some time. The fact that they have so much talent and have so little hope of doing anything with it.... just makes me hate Denver more.

San Diego is almost like a foreigner to me, I only hate them because of Phillip Rivers more than I hate them because they're a rival.

Now why would that make you hate Denver even more? Because we have talent and DO SOMETHING with it? (At least this year)

Work ethic blamed for JaMarcus' play even after his best game of the season.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&page=hotread6/JaMarcusRussell"]NFL: Greg Garber explores the growing pains of Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell - ESPN[/ame]

Until this gets better or a change is permanently made at the QB position, Oakland isn't going anywhere in the next few seasons.

10 Reasons Why the Raiders Wont Make the Playoffs

The Raiders are terrible, and here is Jason McCallum's ten reasons why. (ESPN Stats and Information)

Quote:
10. Without yet having their bye week, the Raiders have 1,283 total yards on the season. There are 15 quarterbacks with more passing yards than that.

9. The 2-4 Raiders still have to play on the road against: Chargers, Broncos, Steelers and Cowboys (and those are just four of their remaining 10 games).

8. The Raiders have punted the ball 37 times for 1,927 yards. Only 12 teams have more than 1,927 total yards of offense.

7. The Raiders are last in yards per game (213.8), yards per play (3.9), 1st downs per game (12.0) -- and probably many other things.

6. Of the six Raiders players with at least five receptions this season, one is a wide receiver.

5. JaMarcus Russell's best passer rating in a single game this year was in a 44-7 loss at the Giants (85.4) -- he was 8-13 for 100 yards with no interceptions. But he was sacked six times and lost a fumble to the Giants on three of them.

4. The Raiders have scored 62 points in 24 quarters this season. The Patriots scored 59 in the driving snow in Week 6 against the Titans -- in three quarters. And Tom Brady threw for five TD in the second quarter of that game -- as a team, the Raiders have scored five touchdowns this season.

3. JaMarcus Russell has two touchdown passes on the season, Tom Brady threw three touchdown passes in a 3-minute, 36-second span in the second quarter on Sunday against the Titans.

2. The Raiders have had a grand total of 19 receptions by their wide receivers this season. There are 61 players in the NFL with more than 19 receptions this season.

1. In three of their six games this season, the Raiders have failed to score more points than their amount of punts. And in two of their games, they've had more penalty yards than passing yards.

10 Reasons Why the Raiders Wont Make the Playoffs

The Raiders are terrible, and here is Jason McCallum's ten reasons why. (ESPN Stats and Information)

Quote:
10. Without yet having their bye week, the Raiders have 1,283 total yards on the season. There are 15 quarterbacks with more passing yards than that.

9. The 2-4 Raiders still have to play on the road against: Chargers, Broncos, Steelers and Cowboys (and those are just four of their remaining 10 games).

8. The Raiders have punted the ball 37 times for 1,927 yards. Only 12 teams have more than 1,927 total yards of offense.

7. The Raiders are last in yards per game (213.8), yards per play (3.9), 1st downs per game (12.0) -- and probably many other things.

6. Of the six Raiders players with at least five receptions this season, one is a wide receiver.

5. JaMarcus Russell's best passer rating in a single game this year was in a 44-7 loss at the Giants (85.4) -- he was 8-13 for 100 yards with no interceptions. But he was sacked six times and lost a fumble to the Giants on three of them.

4. The Raiders have scored 62 points in 24 quarters this season. The Patriots scored 59 in the driving snow in Week 6 against the Titans -- in three quarters. And Tom Brady threw for five TD in the second quarter of that game -- as a team, the Raiders have scored five touchdowns this season.

3. JaMarcus Russell has two touchdown passes on the season, Tom Brady threw three touchdown passes in a 3-minute, 36-second span in the second quarter on Sunday against the Titans.

2. The Raiders have had a grand total of 19 receptions by their wide receivers this season. There are 61 players in the NFL with more than 19 receptions this season.

1. In three of their six games this season, the Raiders have failed to score more points than their amount of punts. And in two of their games, they've had more penalty yards than passing yards.
Is this from a kid? Or a David Letterman joke?

Since it's what the original post is about, I have a question.

Which 7 of these games will the 2-5 Raiders win so that it's a 'winning schedule' ?

Sun 11/1 at San Diego 4:05 pm
bye
Sun 11/15 Kansas City 4:05 pm
Sun 11/22 Cincinnati 4:15 pm
Thu 11/26 at Dallas 4:15 pm
Sun 12/6 at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm
Sun 12/13 Washington 4:05 pm
Sun 12/20 at Denver 4:05 pm
Sun 12/27 at Cleveland 1:00 pm
Sun 1/3 Baltimore 4:15 pm

Which 7 of these games will the 2-5 Raiders win so that it's a 'winning schedule' ?

bye

Can we play KC and Cleveland 7 more times!?:rant:

bye
they might win 2 more games. if they REALLY wanted to they could win more than just 2.

bye

WHO knows with these Jokeland Faiders.....:rant::confused::mad::(

ON PAPER(and YES, I KNOW they do not play the games on paper....:rolleyes:), they SHOULD win the KC, Washington and Cleveland. They MIGHT be able to pull off a upet in San Diego or Denver.....but then again, they may lose them ALL.

So digusted with yesterday, I don't know WHERE to begin.:rant:

I know this isn't a good team, but coming off a huge upset and against a team that did not play well at all against the Bills I'd have thought there'd have been more hope in Oakland to see a good game. Clearly they were right in hindsight, but if I were a local Raider fan (spit!) I'd have been excited to see another potential upset.

Clearly that didn't happen...

Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal the paid attendance for the game was the lowest in Oakland since 1968.

Same year as the Heidi game.

haha @ http://vote4jamarcus.com/

Last edited:
Raiders' new tactic with Russell: call him out publicly.

Cable talks about benching of Russell | ProFootballTalk.com

On the team's first play from scrimmage, Cable dialed up a deep ball. And Cable said that, despite days of preparation, Russell didn't get the offense lined up properly, he ignored the check-down option when the deep routes were covered, he took a sack, and he fumbled the ball.

"You wouldn't expect to have that kind of mental error on the first play of the game," Cable said.

Ouch.

Cable also called out Russell for his two interceptions. As to the first one, Cable said "[t]here wasn't anybody there to throw the ball to."

Ouch again.

On the second, Russell seemed to blame receiver Todd Watkins for failing to catch a ball thrown behind him.

"It's not up for the coach and the quarterback to debate this in the media," Cable said, "but when you see it on film, it's pretty obvious that would have been a tough play for Superman."

And . . . ouch.

NFL Eliminator Challange Pool

Winter Classic 2010

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts