Here is my SILVER & BLACK 2009 winning schedule

Where in these articles, from June 17th, and March 24th, does it indicate he "got a undisclosed location for him and the wide receivers to work out on there own until the real camp" for the last day of OTAs?

After that good press, he told the team to finish OTAs strong, and then just didnt show up for the last day... June 26th.
I could not post where for obvious reason's but now all is OK.
Russell Makes Good on Passing Camp Promise...
From Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that JaMarcus Russell has followed through on his promise to hold a private and voluntary passing camp with his receivers and it is currently ongoing.

La Canfora says Russell paid for the receivers' flights and calls it "a positive step" for the underachieving former first-round pick. Still, that this is a big deal just magnifies the overwhelming concern about Russell's work habits to this point. The Raiders are going to remain a run-first team no matter what Russell does in the offseason with Will Franklin and Chaz Schilens.

Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/Hea...=NFL&hl=145766

I could not post where for obvious reason's but now all is OK.
Russell Makes Good on Passing Camp Promise...
From Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that JaMarcus Russell has followed through on his promise to hold a private and voluntary passing camp with his receivers and it is currently ongoing.

La Canfora says Russell paid for the receivers' flights and calls it "a positive step" for the underachieving former first-round pick. Still, that this is a big deal just magnifies the overwhelming concern about Russell's work habits to this point. The Raiders are going to remain a run-first team no matter what Russell does in the offseason with Will Franklin and Chaz Schilens.

Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/Hea...=NFL&hl=145766
Yea Yea i know I'm the spin doctor!:rolleyes: Just trying to spin it and do anything i can to discredit!

Interesting article/slide show on the Bleacherreport.com website about how the Oakland Raiders will turn some heads this year. It sounded quite optimistic, but after reading it, I was all excited about the up coming football season!

ALL I WANT is a healthy season throughout(no major player losses) and I think the Raiders CAN BE 8-8.

Why the Oakland Raiders Might Turn Some Heads This Year | Bleacher Report

Interesting article/slide show on the Bleacherreport.com website about how the Oakland Raiders will turn some heads this year. It sounded quite optimistic, but after reading it, I was all excited about the up coming football season!

ALL I WANT is a healthy season throughout(no major player losses) and I think the Raiders CAN BE 8-8.

Why the Oakland Raiders Might Turn Some Heads This Year | Bleacher Report

After what Miami and Atlanta did last season, that's all you want?

I want the Lions in the playoffs! If those teams can do it, anyone can. But then I also want a million dollars....

After what Miami and Atlanta did last season, that's all you want?

I want the Lions in the playoffs! If those teams can do it, anyone can. But then I also want a million dollars....

I want a playoff TOO. But I am also realistic. And realistically, they have a TOUGHER schedule than last year....I would say one of the tougher schedules in the league...and considering how thye have done in the past, doing BETTER than 8-8 is not thinking clearly. Unless of course, alot of the teams they play has dropped in talent and I don't see that.

I honestly think the Dolphins playoff run was a fluke. I don't think they will have the same record as last year, everyone will see the "wildcat offense" coming a mile away and the Pats, Jets and Bills improved...while the Dolphins have more or less stayed the same. Atlanta, they ALSO had the benefit of a soft schedule, I mean the only good team they beat was Carolina....the rest of the schedule had the likes of MY Raiders, Packers, Chiefs, Lions, Vikings and the Broncos....NOT as scary schedule.

Both Miami and Atlanta's schedules get ALOT tougher....and I doubt they will repeat their 11-5 record. IF they do, I will glady admit I UNDERESTIMATED them.

I want a playoff TOO. But I am also realistic. And realistically, they have a TOUGHER schedule than last year....I would say one of the tougher schedules in the league...and considering how thye have done in the past, doing BETTER than 8-8 is not thinking clearly. Unless of course, alot of the teams they play has dropped in talent and I don't see that.

I honestly think the Dolphins playoff run was a fluke. I don't think they will have the same record as last year, everyone will see the "wildcat offense" coming a mile away and the Pats, Jets and Bills improved...while the Dolphins have more or less stayed the same. Atlanta, they ALSO had the benefit of a soft schedule, I mean the only good team they beat was Carolina....the rest of the schedule had the likes of MY Raiders, Packers, Chiefs, Lions, Vikings and the Broncos....NOT as scary schedule.

Both Miami and Atlanta's schedules get ALOT tougher....and I doubt they will repeat their 11-5 record. IF they do, I will glady admit I UNDERESTIMATED them.

That's beside the point. The point being that it IS possible to go from 1-15 to the playoffs. I've seen Carolina, and Jacksonville go to their conference finals within 2-3 seasons of entering the league. St Louis had a losing record the year before they won the Super Bowl, and I think Atlanta did the season before their last appearance in the Super Bowl. So, why can't Oakland or Detroit turn it around in one season?

So that leaves one last question. What will happen first? The Lions in the playoffs or me getting a million dollars?

Quick answer - Neither will happen in my lifetime.

That's beside the point. The point being that it IS possible to go from 1-15 to the playoffs. I've seen Carolina, and Jacksonville go to their conference finals within 2-3 seasons of entering the league. St Louis had a losing record the year before they won the Super Bowl, and I think Atlanta did the season before their last appearance in the Super Bowl. So, why can't Oakland or Detroit turn it around in one season?

So that leaves one last question. What will happen first? The Lions in the playoffs or me getting a million dollars?

Quick answer - Neither will happen in my lifetime.

Paul....are you trying to psych yourself up the 1st half of this post...then shoot yourself down the 2nd half??!! LMAO!!!

I am with you though...but I have tried to be a realistic fan about my teams because of the heartaches of the past. Not as many heartaches as some, but enough for me to not get too excited about this year because this COULD be a break out year for the Raiders.

...but..."shoulda, coulda, woulda........and if my aunt...." Well, you know the rest...LOL!;):p

You know what? The season hasn't even started, and I'm already conceding defeat. I keep telling myself that other teams have had success, and then I look at our schedule, and I can't find a game that I can circle and say "we got that one." The last 51 seasons have beaten me into the ground.

Your Raiders will have a better season than the Lions. 8-8 is very realistic.

You know what? The season hasn't even started, and I'm already conceding defeat. I keep telling myself that other teams have had success, and then I look at our schedule, and I can't find a game that I can circle and say "we got that one." The last 51 seasons have beaten me into the ground.

Your Raiders will have a better season than the Lions. 8-8 is very realistic.

Except for the Denver Broncos finishing better than 3rd, they're talking like Orton is the 2nd coming of Elway after trading away their first franchise QB since number 7 and could possibly still move their top WR in Marshall. Supposedly there's talk that they're waiting to give Orton a deal after Cassel gets one, since it's believed the Chiefs may be oK with letting Cassel go if he doesn't perform well... freeing him up for the Broncos next season.

Wouldn't put too much stock in reports from bleacherreport.com since it's just an elaborate fan blog for the most part.

There are a lot of reasons to be hopeful for Oakland though. The whole division has a rough schedule this year and the division games are almost always tough victories despite what their records are. All of us playing the NFC East means an 8-8 team could probably take the division again. I think it's up to the Chargers to slip and give it to the Chiefs or Raiders, but both of those teams have a lot to prove. The Chiefs have made a lot of roster moves in order to be competitive, will they pan out? The Raiders have had a lot of talent for a long time, do they finally have the people in place for the first time since Chucky left to get them to play as a team (Callahan took them to the SB, but Gruden built that team and it had good leadership)?

One thing is clear: football season can't get here fast enough.

Except for the Denver Broncos finishing better than 3rd, they're talking like Orton is the 2nd coming of Elway after trading away their first franchise QB since number 7 and could possibly still move their top WR in Marshall. Supposedly there's talk that they're waiting to give Orton a deal after Cassel gets one, since it's believed the Chiefs may be oK with letting Cassel go if he doesn't perform well... freeing him up for the Broncos next season.

Wouldn't put too much stock in reports from bleacherreport.com since it's just an elaborate fan blog for the most part.

There are a lot of reasons to be hopeful for Oakland though. The whole division has a rough schedule this year and the division games are almost always tough victories despite what their records are. All of us playing the NFC East means an 8-8 team could probably take the division again. I think it's up to the Chargers to slip and give it to the Chiefs or Raiders, but both of those teams have a lot to prove. The Chiefs have made a lot of roster moves in order to be competitive, will they pan out? The Raiders have had a lot of talent for a long time, do they finally have the people in place for the first time since Chucky left to get them to play as a team (Callahan took them to the SB, but Gruden built that team and it had good leadership)?

One thing is clear: football season can't get here fast enough.

Well, I didn't take the Bleacherreport.com as a bible, but it was an interesting article AND made alot of sense and good point about the Raiders if ANYONE cared to read it. As far as the AFC West, there is no doubt they could quite possibly be the weakest of the divisions....BUT at the same token, I don't think the NFC East has improved that much compaired to last year...maybe it has dropped back to the pack, for lack of a better phrase to us.

I TOO am very looking forward to the football season. Unlike last season where I saw them live to 5 games, this year I will only make two....the game against the Giants and the game against the Browns.

It seems almost unfair. Arent the teams with the worst records supposed to get the easier schedules?

They got rid of that a few years back, if I am not mistaken....but truth be told, I WANT them to play a tougher schedule.

Look at the Dolphins....they had a weak scheduled based on the teams they played. This year, different animal. Poor Dolphin fans actually think they are gonna go deep in the playoffs JUST BECAUSE they have Tuna at a desk job. Getting TO THE PLAYOFFS is NOWHERE near as easy as WINNING IN THE PLAYOFFS......whole different animal.

Record only determines 2 games on your schedule now. Here's an image I stole from Wikipedia:

NFL_Schedule_Sample.PNG

You play a division in your conference, a division outside of your conference, and the other 2 teams remaining that finished at the same place as you within your conference. Those 2 teams in this schedule are the Dolphins and Jags. Only things to figure out from there are the home/away games.

Thanks to parity and flukes, the schedule based ones are often hard games. For example this year Miami won their division, so they get to play other division winners, and New England gets to play 2 division runner ups.

NFL Eliminator Challange Pool

Winter Classic 2010

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)