He's Baaaaack. Tiger Woods to Play the Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, OH

Ad Hoc Poll: How will Tiger Woods finish this week?

- Winner
- Top 5
- Top 10
- Top Half
- Bottom Half
- Missed Cut

He is scheduled to tee off at 1:40pm.

I disagree. If he wins he will get a lot of credit mainly because he hasn't been close in a long time.

I'll be optimistic and say "Top Half". But, towards the bottom of the "Top Half". :)

Damn, I gotta start betting on golf. Eldrick finished tied for 37th, out of 76 golfers. Right where I said he's be.... ;):D

Williams has now caddied for 72 wins by Tiger versus 73 wins by others. This was the tie breaker!

I find it hard to believe that anyone gives a damn whether Woods fired his caddy or why. Being caddy for Tiger Woods is like being the drummer for the Beatles. Does anyone reallly care why Peter Best got fired?

Williams has now caddied for 72 wins by Tiger versus 73 wins by others. This was the tie breaker!

I find it hard to believe that anyone gives a damn whether Woods fired his caddy or why. Being caddy for Tiger Woods is like being the drummer for the Beatles. Does anyone reallly care why Peter Best got fired?

And some credit "poor" Steve with help his man win yesterday. Adam Scott has had him caddy for 3 other tournaments so far from what I have read...so should we give his credit for Scott NOT winning those other tournaments?!

Right on the money....

The comments obviously reeks of sour grapes, but it's incredible to see Williams still holding a serious grudge against Woods. Not only did he take the spotlight away from his own player this week, but he proclaimed that a World Golf Championship was greater than 13 major championships with one of the best players in the history of the game.

It's hard to defend Tiger Woods these days, but Williams' comments were beyond classless. I understand the need to vent and put Tiger in his place, but if there was ever a time to be the bigger man and move on, this was the moment.

Caddies never get national airtime, so when Williams was granted a rare opportunity to speak, he sounded like a jilted lover. Tiger Woods may have a gigantic ego, but his former caddie does as well.

"Wow, that's all you can say," said CBS's Jim Nantz. "That will be talked about for weeks to come. You call that the biggest win of your career after 13 major championships with Tiger Woods and call this the greatest week of your life. ... It's a pretty interesting comment."

Interesting, indeed. Williams got just what he wanted following his split from Woods; he's on top and the biggest story in golf. It's just a shame it came at the expense of his own player.

Steve Williams is holding a serious grudge against Tiger Woods - Devil Ball Golf - Golf Blog - Yahoo! Sports

WORSE than a jilted lover! LOL! He was the highest paid caddie in the world...making upwards of $1.25 million for most of his 13 years with Tiger. He should be THRILLED that Tiger let him go because he was not earning jacksquat! Tiger did HIM a favor. In the 4 tournaments with Scott this year, he has earned about the same than the last 2 years with Tiger, about $1.27 million...and whinning like a little biachhhh!

OMG, how WILL he feed his family?

EDIT: Went back to the video and he even says "I am a very confident frontrunner" ....LOL! The line of the day!

Last edited:
...EDIT: Went back to the video and he even says "I am a very confident frontrunner" ....LOL! The line of the day!
Yeah, I thought it was odd how he was being interviewed right after Adam Scott, and it was ever stranger to see how he was answering the questions like he was the one who was golfing. Too funny! He really should have been a bit more humble.

Yeah, I thought it was odd how he was being interviewed right after Adam Scott, and it was ever stranger to see how he was answering the questions like he was the one who was golfing. Too funny! He really should have been a bit more humble.

Yeah....especially since he DID NOT PLAY at all!!!! You would swear HE won the tournament and not Scott. Apparently his "caddy ego" is as big as Tiger's ego once was.

I can identify with Stevie. When I was a teen I was a damn good golfer...but I was an even better caddie, and I actually enjoyed caddying more than golfing since it was easier to identify and correct another golfers problems than it was my own. I caddied for many professionals, celebrities and captians of industry from age 14-18 - even toted the bag for two Michigan Open winners. Golfers liked me because I understood all aspects of the game (especially the mental aspects); when I wasn't caddying I was golfing - and when I wasn't golfing or caddying I was practicing. I even loved caddying for the once-a-week 28 handicapper since I could get them to shave 6-10 strokes off their game by getting them to focus on the basics and play within their abilities. Viola! I don't have any regrets, but if I had to do it over again I would have gone to school on a golf scholoarship and tried to make a career of out golf in some fashion. I really had a passion for the game.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that a good caddie is hard to find...and finding a really good one is the difference between a win and a top 10 finish.

What is really upsetting is the media feeding into this...Yahoo's heading regarding their tournament does not even put Adam Scott's name 1st, it's "Big win for Steve and Scott".

What is really upsetting is the media feeding into this...Yahoo's heading regarding their tournament does not even put Adam Scott's name 1st, it's "Big win for Steve and Scott".

It really is media foolishness. Unfortunately, Stevie has been lured in by the attention. Seriously, it's like the media are paying attention to him, buying him rounds of Guiness, and telling him how awful he was screwed-over by Tiger...and Stevie has bought it hook, line and sinker. The media just wants to dig-up more dirt on Tiger and start a fight that never existed. Maggots feeding off the flesh of whomever will help 'em sell a tabloid story! It would appear Steve is the first golfer to win at Firestone...without taking a swing.

It really is media foolishness. Unfortunately, Stevie has been lured in by the attention. Seriously, it's like the media are paying attention to him, buying him rounds of Guiness, and telling him how awful he was screwed-over by Tiger...and Stevie has bought it hook, line and sinker. The media just wants to dig-up more dirt on Tiger and start a fight that never existed. Maggots feeding off the flesh of whomever will help 'em sell a tabloid story! It would appear Steve is the first golfer to win at Firestone...without taking a swing.

LOL!

The interview with Stevie was odd. He kept saying "I, I, I" instead of "we". And he took several digs at Tiger by saying "I've caddied for 33 years, 145 wins, and this has been the best week of my life." That's not a caddies position. He's supposed to take a back seat to the golfer that employs him. I felt real bad for Adam Scott. You know, the guy who actually won the tournament. I'm pretty sure I now like Stevie even less than Tiger now for how arrogant he's handled this whole situation, post firing. What a douche!

It is not often that TV Sports talking heads all agree on something, but they all seem to agree that Steve is a bona -fide, first class jerk.

It is not often that TV Sports talking heads all agree on something, but they all seem to agree that Steve is a bona -fide, first class jerk.

I don't think he is any more of a jerk than most of the writers or media who judge him that way. Human nature being what it is just came into play. When a person feels they have been wronged, humiliated, or something along those lines they tend to strike back when the opportunity presents itself. Athletes and coaches do this type of thing frequently when they feel they have been "disrespected". Was he wrong, classless, and egotistical? Probably. But how many people take the high road as he should have? He was human and like everybody else he will suffer the consequences for his comments.

I don't think he's a jerk, but he sure is foolish. The media wanted a story and, by golly, they got a story. They filled his mind full of tabloid fodder to the point where he started to believe most of it. Tiger's decision to let him go may not have been a good one...but it's a an employment decision and nobody is promised a job for life (not in this country). He should have just thanked his employer for helping him earn millions of dollars and kept his mouth shut.

Now we know: Both Tiger and Steve Williams are jerks!

Full Story

"So Adam Scott blows away the field with a stunning display of golf to win the WGC Bridgestone Sunday, but his flawless performance was relegated to a back story due to the show put on by his caddie, Steve Williams.

Williams, the veteran caddie who was unceremoniously dumped by longtime boss Tiger Woods last month, proved through his actions and statements that maybe he and Tiger really were a perfect pair: a perfect pair of jerks!

Tiger reportedly fired Williams, a New Zealander who was on his bag for 72 Tiger victories, including 13 major titles, after Williams looped for Scott (an Aussie) a few times while Tiger recouped from injury. Tiger said he fired him, as is his right, in person, but Williams now contends Tiger fired him over the phone.

So what? Tiger’s the boss, and he can fire Williams any way he wants. So that is that, right?"

Full Story

Real Madrid soccer team signs 7 year old prodigy! NO JOKE...LOL!

I'm Back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts