High Def Disc unit sales - The Digital Bits

From Home Media Magazine:

Software units sales ratios as of 03/16/08:
Week ending:.........Blu-ray 78.......HD-DVD 22
YTD:....................Blu-ray 75?.......HD-DVD 25?
Since inception:.....Blu-ray 66?.......HD-DVD 34?

Normalized to make comparison with previous postings easier:
Week ending:.........Blu-ray 100.......HD-DVD 28
YTD:....................Blu-ray 100.......HD-DVD 33
Since inception:.....Blu-ray 100.......HD-DVD 52

"Leaked" result for WE. Actuals probably on Tuesday.

Exactly. It's ALL opinion at this point because no one knows. Main reason why its not worth arguing about.

Quit complaining and playing armchair studio exec/ce company and just enjoy the damn movies.
Thats a good attitude, but that would also mean stop posting numbers that don't mean anything. I thought the war was over yet he is still hung up on Neilsen numbers? why? they make him hard or something?

:confused::confused::confused:

No need for personal insults.

If you're not interested, don't read the thread. Some of us will follow this until the end. Plus, I feel that I started this thread as a service, and will continue it as long as they publish figures, for those that have an interest.

My guess is, they'll stop publishing the figures at the end of May, the more-or-less "official" end of HD DVD. Unless some "more official" time arises. Or HD DVD sales somehow continue.

I still think they're valid, the war may be over but its clear IMO the volume of disc sales have decreased as people wait for BD discs to come down in price, while taking advantage of HDDVD clearance (and eve non-clearance given the titles in the top 10) pricing.

Difference being BD can wait till later, while HDDVD people know they must buy it now.

But its all conjecture, since we dont get total sales figures, which makes it just a marketing tool and not much else.

Thats a good attitude, but that would also mean stop posting numbers that don't mean anything. I thought the war was over yet he is still hung up on Neilsen numbers? why? they make him hard or something?

I like seeing the numbers just so I see, hopefully theyll convert it to bd vs dvd once hddvd is not on there anymore.

I could see if someone was posting the numbers and then beating on HD-DVD, but I dont see ann issue with JUST posting the numbers as they come out.

Or, maybe we should cease this thread until we can start getting dvd vs bd #'s ??

:confused::confused::confused:

No need for personal insults.

If you're not interested, don't read the thread. Some of us will follow this until the end. Plus, I feel that I started this thread as a service, and will continue it as long as they publish figures, for those that have an interest.

My guess is, they'll stop publishing the figures at the end of May, the more-or-less "official" end of HD DVD. Unless some "more official" time arises. Or HD DVD sales somehow continue.

If the real war is now BD vs DVD and you are predicting victory then why not post those numbers?

How about just a show of appreciation for navychop's diligent posting of this info all the way to the bitter end and the closing of this forum?
:clap:clap:clap
:bow:bow:bow

Ask and ye shall receive.

As of this posting, it appears to be a work in progress/beta. But we can see what's coming.

BTW, I expect DVD to continue on just fine. I just expect one day Blu-ray to exceed standard DVD in Sales- first by dollar and later in unit sales.

From Home Media Magazine:

Software units sales ratios as of 03/16/08:
Week ending:.........Blu-ray 78.......HD-DVD 22
YTD:....................Blu-ray 76.......HD-DVD 24
Since inception:.....Blu-ray 66.......HD-DVD 34

Normalized to make comparison with previous postings easier:
Week ending:.........Blu-ray 100.......HD-DVD 28
YTD:....................Blu-ray 100.......HD-DVD 32
Since inception:.....Blu-ray 100.......HD-DVD 52

Results have been posted.

Many thanks. It's good to know more people appreciate it than complain about it.